BL4690B backhoe

JenJen

Equipment
Z725 mower
Aug 24, 2022
Ohio
Hello! I have a L3400D with a BL4690B backhoe. Having the backhoe installed limits the use of my tractor. I would get much more use out of a brushhog and blade. However installing and removing the backhoe is a bear (if I remember right--that's why it hasn't been removed in 10 years or more!). Now that I am the sole owner of this tractor, I'm searching for an easier way to install and remove the backhoe. I probably use the backhoe once a year, if that. Is there an adaptor or some contraption that makes the removal and installation easy enough for one person to handle? I was looking for an 8N or other such tractor to use the other implements with, but I'd gladly spend a few hundred dollars to get more use out of the L3400, Lots better than having another motor to maintain. Thanks for your help! (I checked YouTube and there aren't any videos that show this model of backhoe)

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
I believe backhoe I have for my B-29 10 is a BL 4690 A.

Is yours a three-point hitch backhoe?

Granted, installation and removal is a bit of a pain, but you get better at it if you do it a few times a year. Can’t think of any tricks to make it easier…

You might want to be sure to remove it on a flat surface that is large enough for the tractor to also be sitting on the flat surface.

Reactions: 1 user

JenJen

Equipment
Z725 mower
Aug 24, 2022
Ohio
I believe backhoe I have for my B-29 10 is a BL 4690 A.

Is yours a three-point hitch backhoe?

Granted, installation and removal is a bit of a pain, but you get better at it if you do it a few times a year. Can’t think of any tricks to make it easier…

You might want to be sure to remove it on a flat surface that is large enough for the tractor to also be sitting on the flat surface.

Thanks for the tips. I'm not entirely sure if the backhoe is a three point hitch or the other (the name escapes me at the moment). I agree that doing something more frequently makes one more comfortable, but as a middle aged woman with few resources for help, I don't have anyone to bail me out if I screw up. I was hoping to find a video at least that shows best practices. I have the manual and it gives you the steps, but nothing like seeing it in action. If you ever run across a helpful video, I would appreciate it if you could send it my way! Thanks again!