BK1860 Looking for Help

jhamma1

Equipment
BX1860, 54"MMM, FEL
Apr 16, 2010
Haymarket, VA
Had the loader on today, took down an old playset and then dragged it into the driveway to be further dismantled and loaded on a trailer to the dump. Then was moving a large pile of wet mud from where the propane tank for the pool heater was just put in. Noticed oil dripping from the underside on some grass I had run over. Took a look, and the whole area of the rear PTO covered in some kind of oil. Consistency a lot like power steering fluid, except not that pinkish color. I don't see any obvious signs of leak. I did not hit anything solid on the underside. I did overload the bucket once, and put it on three wheels going over a tree root. Other than that, nothing sticks out in my mind. Any ideas what to check for? Thanks in advance for the help!

KubotaTech

Equipment
None- I get to play with everyone elses stuff
Apr 1, 2010
PA
Take a look at the transmission breather to see if it is leaking there as well as the rear axle seal, check to see if the seal is in place. Generally, overloading doesnt make it leak at the transmission housing. How much fluid did you have to add to fill it up?