Bf900...l4150dt

DVoss

Equipment
L4150
Jun 24, 2016
Zimmerman, MN
Question,

The WSM states the lift time for the loader boom....at what engine rpm? And if it falls short (takes too long) what might the issue be? It seems slow to me.

Thanks!

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Usually it is measured at rated RPM, which in this case is 2600 RPM.

If it's slow:
Could be an obstruction in a line, connection, or the valve,

Could also have a issue with ram seals (but that will usually mean bleed down too).

Or possible an obstruction with suction to the pump, or a bad / worn pump.

Relief valve setting is set too low.

Bad or contaminated fluid

Air being induced into system, usually from a leak in the suction side of the pump system.

rbargeron

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L5450, L48, L3250, L345 never enough attachments
Jul 6, 2015
western ma
Question,

The WSM states the lift time for the loader boom....at what engine rpm? And if it falls short (takes too long) what might the issue be? It seems slow to me.

Thanks!
An easy pressure test is to lift the tractor with the bucket edge. At low rpm with no weight on the 3-point, roll the bucket down a little so it rests on the front edge, then use the boom to raise the tractor up from there. If the tractor lifts easily then the pump is making usable working pressure. If it won't lift, or the bucket has to lift from the back edge, the pump is getting worn (too much internal clearance).

I remember my BF900 was not fast, but it had plenty of grunt.

Last edited:

DVoss

Equipment
L4150
Jun 24, 2016
Zimmerman, MN
Thanks.

It has new fluid and filters. I installed new seals in the boom cylinders. I will try the from the edge test. I do know however that it can left to front wheels off the ground pretty easily.

I'm not familar with the tractor or loader. I had a L2550...I seem to recall that lifted faster at idle...but the unit had under 1000 hours.

rbargeron

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L5450, L48, L3250, L345 never enough attachments
Jul 6, 2015
western ma
I'm a fan of the L4150 - I had one a few years - great tractor. Does yours have the hydraulic shuttle?