Best Grapple For a Kubota L3400

Easton

Equipment
Kubota L3400
Sep 24, 2024
Morristown, TN
Hello Everyone,

I've been rocking the stock front loader bucket on my Kubota L3400 to push around brush and move logs by simply scraping them across the ground. It works ok, but I'm looking to upgrade to a grapple. I've been doing a little research but haven't really been able to determine the best option so I though I'd ask for some real world experience instead of just relying on the blurbs Google creates.

Does anyone have experience with a high quality grapple for the L3400 series? Made in the USA if possible.

The loader arm is a L4463 if that helps.

Live Orange!

Yotekiller

Equipment
Kubota L2502, LP 60" BB, LP pallet forks, 60" KK Tiller, 55" HSI root grapple
Sep 29, 2023
Southern Indiana
A simple search here will result in LOTS of grapple discussion. I chose the Homestead Implements Pinnacle series. I really like it and think it's very well made. It seems two of the more popular ones right now are Homestead Implements and Catawba. Both seem great to me.

old and tired

Equipment
L2800 HST; 2005; R4
Your FEL is a LA463, same as mine... Pin on, most likely. If you have lots of grapple work as well as gravel or dirt work, I love my Bolt on grapple from WR Long, located in Tarboro, NC. At 143 pounds, doesn't impact your lift. Also were you planning to have a pin on grapple or switch over to SSQA? SSQA put your grapple out an extra 4" where I don't loose any lift capacity like the SSQA does.

WR Long Bolt on grapples, https://www.wrlonginc.com/single-dual-dualx

Get a tooth bar also to complement the grapple and help to dig into dirt!!!

Attachments

Reactions: 1 user

Easton

Equipment
Kubota L3400
Sep 24, 2024
Morristown, TN
A simple search here will result in LOTS of grapple discussion. I chose the Homestead Implements Pinnacle series. I really like it and think it's very well made. It seems two of the more popular ones right now are Homestead Implements and Catawba. Both seem great to me.
Thanks Yotekiller. I appreciate the suggestions!

I was able to check out the Homestead Implements Pinnacle, but all I found in my Catawba search was information about the Indian tribe. Is the name just Catawba?