Bent Hydraulic Inlet Pipe on MX5200

TractorDr

Equipment
mx5200
Jan 1, 2020
Quarryville, PA
Hooked a branch on the hydraulic inlet pipe that goes from the transmission to the hydraulic filter assembly under the right side of the platform. Leaking small amount of oil on both ends. Any advice how to install new one?

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
I have no hands on experience but based on the parts diagram it looks pretty straight forward. Pipe is an o-ring slip fit on each end with a retainer bolt. Guessing you remove the two bolts and the filter head and i pulls right out. May only need to loosen the head enough to pull it back and free the pipe. Pipe part number is TC350-56312 and Messicks has one in stock @ $43. Looking at your pics that subframe may be in the way.

Dan

mx5200.png

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
There will be O ring seals on each end of the metal tube which seal to the case when the tube is slide into place. Somewhere the tube will be held in place so it cannot just slide out. The filter housing perhaps is doing that job..

Probably hidden by the angle of your photo is a small tab on the side of the tube with a bolt holding the tube in place

Dave

TractorDr

Equipment
mx5200
Jan 1, 2020
Quarryville, PA
Thanks for the responses. Was able to get the new pipe on with no leaks. Only problem is I replaced the transmission fluid (Super UDT2) and never saw the fluid level come up the site glass. I drained about 10 gallons out and put about 11.5 gals in being careful to watch for the level to show itself on the site glass but never saw it. Wondering if I'm filled beyond the site glass and the fluid is so clear it appears like nothing is there? I guess worse case I'm about 1.5 gallons over-full. Will that be a problem?

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
Yes
Drain it out or use a pump to suck it out

There are dyes to add to the fluid to make it easier to see

emac

Equipment
L3600, ZD1211, ZG20, ZD331, KX-057-4, MX6000
Sep 13, 2021
SC
Thanks for the responses. Was able to get the new pipe on with no leaks. Only problem is I replaced the transmission fluid (Super UDT2) and never saw the fluid level come up the site glass. I drained about 10 gallons out and put about 11.5 gals in being careful to watch for the level to show itself on the site glass but never saw it. Wondering if I'm filled beyond the site glass and the fluid is so clear it appears like nothing is there? I guess worse case I'm about 1.5 gallons over-full. Will that be a problem?
Just did the same to mine. Wondering if you had to drain the oil or if you could swap it and lose some fluid. Probably a big mess! Did you need to loosen the filter side or were you able to get the pipe in by removing the two bolts holding the pipe in place. Thanks!