Bent loader on BX

Bri-Guy-GA

Equipment
Kubota BX1880
Sep 10, 2020
Villa Rica, GA
Its official. I bent the loader on my BX. Its at the dealer now waiting to hear back from KTAC. They didn't know for certain what was bent, but they are replacing the 2 bolt frame on loader supports, and the 2 uprights that connect to those supports. I noticed it when trying to put the loader back on after a few days of moving wet hay and pulling fence posts. The right side sat about 1/2" Got it to seat by putting a ratchet strap on and pulling the arm down, but I know something was out of whack. Hopefully they can get the parts quickly as mowing with the bucket off is a PIA, much easier with the whole loader off.

Reactions: 1 user

Bearcatrp

Equipment
BX1880
Mar 28, 2023
Minnesota
Ouch. That sucks. Any chance you took a few pictures. Have been careful to pick up loads evenly so I don’t do this to my 1880. Did you happen to pick up a little off on one side?

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
Bri-Guy- out of curiosity, have you increased the lift capacity of the loader?

Reactions: 1 users

Bri-Guy-GA

Equipment
Kubota BX1880
Sep 10, 2020
Villa Rica, GA
Ouch. That sucks. Any chance you took a few pictures. Have been careful to pick up loads evenly so I don’t do this to my 1880. Did you happen to pick up a little off on one side?
Sorry, but I did not. There were some off center loads and I did get her butt i the air a few times trying to pull the posts, but didn't think the little BX had the power to bend what appear to be pretty strong mounts. Will know better once KTAC approves and the dealer replaces parts. See if I can get some pictures then.

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, RCK54P MMM, BB1548 Box Scraper, Quick Hitch, Piranha Bar, BX6315
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
Did you bend the bucket or just the loader arms?

Trimley

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX23SLSB-R-1 plus additions
Jul 25, 2023
PNW-WA
Dependent on the type of post and ground the post is in, pulling posts with the FEL is likely not a method I would do. Least, not with a BX. I can envision the attempt was pretty aggressive, with the back end off the ground.

The 3PH would be my choice, or I'd push the post over, dig it up, or flat cut it off.

Good luck

Bri-Guy-GA

Equipment
Kubota BX1880
Sep 10, 2020
Villa Rica, GA
The dealer knowing you had the butt in the air pulling post isn't something in your favor, perhaps?
Not sure. Dealer actually added other items to the claim I didn't even ask for. They get paid either way so not sure they care one way or the other.

Bri-Guy-GA

Equipment
Kubota BX1880
Sep 10, 2020
Villa Rica, GA
KTAC decided to total the loader due to its age (4 yrs) and cost to repair. they are paying off that portion of the loan and I am buying the loader back for $250. I may buy the parts to repair it on my own, but once I get it back on it probably won't be coming off again. Just remove the bucket for mowing. Not the best resolution, but could have been worse.

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
I would push them to replace the loader. Age shouldn't have anything to do with it. You will quickly be upside down if you try to repair it yourself. Parts are expensive, and there is no way to know exactly what is bent and needs replacing.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
Please post pictures ! It'd be simple to measure the 5 parts to see what IS bent.
You have a left mount, left upright,loader arm/frame,right mount, right upright.
You might only need 1 or 2 pieces or a 'tweak' here and there.
I know the bare loader arm/frame is $2500 in Canada.
In my case the round tube of the loader arm/frame wasn't welded and let go.EASY proper welding fixed it last year.

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
KTAC decided to total the loader due to its age (4 yrs) and cost to repair. they are paying off that portion of the loan and I am buying the loader back for $250. I may buy the parts to repair it on my own, but once I get it back on it probably won't be coming off again. Just remove the bucket for mowing. Not the best resolution, but could have been worse.
My impression was that KTAC is great because if (while covered) you damaged your tractor, they would repair or replace the damage and that you would only have to pay the deductible which I believe is $250.

It sounds like what they are doing in your case is just paying off the remaining balance on your loader and leaving you without a loader. (And selling you the loader back for scrap price.)

I don’t have any experience with KATC, but what you reporting is amazingly different from what I came to understand by reading posts here at OTT.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
My impression was that KTAC is great because if (while covered) you damaged your tractor, they would repair or replace the damage and that you would only have to pay the deductible which I believe is $250.

It sounds like what they are doing in your case is just paying off the remaining balance on your loader and leaving you without a loader. (And selling you the loader back for scrap price.)

I don’t have any experience with KATC, but what you reporting is amazingly different from what I came to understand by reading posts here at OTT.
Certainly would not be satisfactory for me, but then.....I have never had KTAC, and likely never will.

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Insurance is supposed to make you whole again. In this instance, they are not doing that. They are taking advantage of the owner because he doesn't know better. Either they pay him the amount of $$$ to replace the loader, or they fix his present loader. They have no right to reduce the amount of the debt on the loan by applying the money that the new loader will cost unless he doesn't want a new loader. If the tractor is financed then he is not entitled to the money unless he uses the money to purchase a new loader. If I had to guess, it might have started by his desire to purchase the salvaged loader and not wanting a new loader thinking that he could save some money by fixing the bent loader. You should only bring up buying the salvage after the claim has been completed. If they haven't completed the "deal" by his giving them the $250 or them applying the claim money to the unpaid balance of the loan, this can be reversed and a new loader put on the tractor.

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
L2501 TLB , Grappel, Brush Hog, Box Blade, Ballast box, Forks, Tiller, PH digger
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan
Did you have the loader financed separately?

Either way, I tend to agree with the above.

No way I would let them off the hook.

I would demand that they replace the loader with a new one.

Then offer them the 250, and try to fix it as a "project' if you want.

Bri-Guy-GA

Equipment
Kubota BX1880
Sep 10, 2020
Villa Rica, GA
The loader was financed as part of the tractor, but it is an add-on. This is no different then when insurance totals your car after an accident and cuts you a check. The loader still works, so I will keep using it and see about replacing damaged parts.