Backhoe on TLB48

ctemp83

Premium Member

Equipment
TLB L48
Jan 2, 2020
Mooresville, nc 28117
When doing a complete hydraulic oil and filter service on a TLB48 does the backhoe oil drain along with the rest of the tractor or does it have to be drained separately and if so how? When I bought the sudt2 and filters the parts manager told me that the 13.5 gallons of oil needed for the oil change included the backhoe. Guessing that if it does drain with the rest of it the boom, dipper and bucket all need to be in the tucked in position? Could not find any info on this and would appreciate any feedback!

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
When doing a complete hydraulic oil and filter service on a TLB48 does the backhoe oil drain along with the rest of the tractor or does it have to be drained separately and if so how? When I bought the sudt2 and filters the parts manager told me that the 13.5 gallons of oil needed for the oil change included the backhoe. Guessing that if it does drain with the rest of it the boom, dipper and bucket all need to be in the tucked in position? Could not find any info on this and would appreciate any feedback!
I would not expect any oil to drain from the backhoe.

Dan