Backhoe hits rear tires when driving.

Tylerstoy

Equipment
Jan 2, 2012
J'Town
Hello,
I have a backhoe on my B7610 Kubota. Every once in a while while driving, the hitch arms seem to loosen up and the bar that goes between the rear wheels on the backhoe starts hitting the side of my tires. I'm guessing the backhoe was set up by the Dealer. I can tighten the sway bars but it only works for a little while then starts again. I guess I could stretch out the middle support bar but I'm having trouble getting a socket to fit the large bolts that hold it on. Anyone out there have a similar problem? If so, how do I get it to stop rubbing?

jnschnit

Equipment
B2601, BH70 BH, LA435 FL, RCK60-32 MMM, BX2763 Blade, ZD1011
May 10, 2013
newark valley new york
Assuming you have a backhoe that attaches to the 3pt hitch. After you are done tightening the arms do you insert the pins (70) into turnbuckle rods? They should keep the turnbuckles from turning and loosening up.

1654651815979.png

Reactions: 1 user

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex., Beer fridge
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Can you reverse the direction of the pins on the backhoe, so they point in, and cause the 3PH arms to be closer together. IF you have pins that is.

My 3PH backhoe frame has a fixed point the 3PH arms go into, and individual pins are pushed through the backhoe frame, as well as through the ends of the 3PH arms.

No problem with rubbing on the tires in my case, as long as I keep the stabilizers tight, which with my tractor is not an issue, due to the design.

Just a thought without seeing what you actually have...

Reactions: 1 user