B9200 issues

Swamp papa

Equipment
B9200
Aug 14, 2024
I have read Kubota had a timing gear issue with this model. I just bent all the push rods and pretty much destroyed the cam , crank and idler gears I am new to the diesel tractor world just wondering what would cause this to happen. Kubota was fixing the problem for 10 years according to the info I read . Does anyone know what this problem was. Don't wanna replace all this for it to turn right around and destroy it too. Thanks for any advice

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
You're going to need to open it up and check the gears,
If they are damaged you'll need to find used gears, and if you find a used gears in good shape to replace the damaged gears your chances of it ever happening again are VERY rare.
There was only a small number of gears that were bad.

Swamp papa

Equipment
B9200
Aug 14, 2024
If they are damaged you'll need to find used gears, and if you find a used gears in good shape to replace the damaged gears your chances of it ever happening again are VERY rare.
Thanks any ideas of where to find gears for it. Kubota informed me today that the gears were discontinued.I need the idler gear , cam gear and crank gear