B7510 starter wiring

IlMS_90

Equipment
b7510
Oct 6, 2020
Illinois
I had to do an engine swap in my B7510 that took a little longer than expected. Long story short, I can't figure out the starter wiring. Does anyone have a picture of the stock starter wiring they could share?

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
Since no one is jumping in, I offer the following.

I will send you a message with my email address.

Email me some photos of your starter and tractor wiring and I will try and help you.

You cannot post photos on the forum until you have at least 5 posts.

Dave

IlMS_90

Equipment
b7510
Oct 6, 2020
Illinois
I had to do an engine swap in my B7510 that took a little longer than expected. Long story short, I can't figure out the starter wiring. Does anyone have a picture of the stock starter wiring they could share?
Thanks! I will send over.

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
I am including info exchanged with the Owner by email to keep the thread complete.

Forum Marc photo 1.jpg

forum Marc photo 2.jpg

. I’m attaching two pics. I understand that the red wire with the slow burn fuse goes to the right terminal, along with the battery wire. I know the wire with the clip connector connects to the male flat terminal. My question is where the 3 black wires (one is alone and the other two combined) attach to. I assume they are grounds? They come from the main wiring bundle.

Thanks

Marc
The starter assembly was transferred over to the replacement engine. The rubber capped stud did have a nut on it and the wiring to the starter is there. I had it off trying to figure out if there was something else that was supposed to be attached to it.

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

On Wednesday, October 7, 2020, 2:24 PM, David Petepiece <david.petepiece@sympatico.ca> wrote:

Marc

Please give me a bit more history….. You mention an engine change.

I want to make certain the engine stop solenoid is wired the same on the current engine as on the previous engine.

Is the starter in the photo from the current engine or the previous one? I ask because the terminal with the rubber cap normally would have a nut on it which is never removed as it is the power connection from the starter solenoid to the starter motor.

forum marc photo 3.jpg

On some engines there is a connection to the engine stop solenoid from the terminal with the rubber cap but I do not see one on the B7510 wiring diagram.

The ground wires can be all connected to the same place on the engine or frame as long as the surfaces are clean and shiny.

One of the grounds is for the fuel tank sensor.

Dave