B7510 No Rear Lights

thahn1608

Equipment
L225 with K-600 Backhoe
Mar 30, 2020
Peach Bottom, PA
I have a B7510 that I've put all new lights on the rear (they were broken when i bought it). I have red running lights at one position of the headlight switch, but no lights otherwise. the small yellow lights off the roll bar don't work, the big yellow lights on the fenders don't work, and the red lights only work on one position.

I can hear the turn signal flasher working, but I don't have any turn signal indicators on the dash either. i have checked the fuses on the left side of the engine (one by itself, the master, and 3 in one) and they are all good. I've tried looking at the wiring diagram, but tracing the wiring harness has been tough. Am i missing fuses tucked away somewhere?

This tractor only has 500 hours on it and is in near mint condition (besides the previous owner breaking all the rear lenses, except one. i'm not sure how to disassemble the dash so before I dive into tearing half the tractor a part does any one have any simple suggestions or advice?

Shadetree605

Equipment
kubota b2100
May 1, 2022
north little rock, ar
I have a B7510 that I've put all new lights on the rear (they were broken when i bought it). I have red running lights at one position of the headlight switch, but no lights otherwise. the small yellow lights off the roll bar don't work, the big yellow lights on the fenders don't work, and the red lights only work on one position.

I can hear the turn signal flasher working, but I don't have any turn signal indicators on the dash either. i have checked the fuses on the left side of the engine (one by itself, the master, and 3 in one) and they are all good. I've tried looking at the wiring diagram, but tracing the wiring harness has been tough. Am i missing fuses tucked away somewhere?

This tractor only has 500 hours on it and is in near mint condition (besides the previous owner breaking all the rear lenses, except one. i'm not sure how to disassemble the dash so before I dive into tearing half the tractor a part does any one have any simple suggestions or advice?
if the b7510 is anything like my b2100 ?, there should be a flasher relay under the dash, mine is on left hand side under my dash. maybe try looking under your dash.my b2100 dash can pop right out with a flat head screw driver , or..i can take the whole dash out with just removing one bolt in the top front center. when in doubt ?..tear things apart !..lol.

thahn1608

Equipment
L225 with K-600 Backhoe
Mar 30, 2020
Peach Bottom, PA
if the b7510 is anything like my b2100 ?, there should be a flasher relay under the dash, mine is on left hand side under my dash. maybe try looking under your dash.my b2100 dash can pop right out with a flat head screw driver , or..i can take the whole dash out with just removing one bolt in the top front center. when in doubt ?..tear things apart !..lol.

I can hear the flasher working, but i don't have any electric beyond it.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
You need a copy of the electrical schematic (found in the WSM). With that, you can trace out the circuits and repair them.

Reactions: 1 user

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
It'd be nice if you could post the wiring diagram ! There's even an 'electrical' subforum for them !!

Lights don't work for 3 reasons...
1) the bulb is busted
2) NO +12 going to them
3) NO ground going to them

#1 you can check with ohmeter or test bulb with a 12v battery

#2 use a DMM with -ve of meter on battery -ve, no +12 on meter means +12 NOT getting to bulb

#3, check with ohmeter, terminal(usually black wire) should read 0 (zero) to -ve of battery.

On my BX23S, the lights HAVE a ground wire(black) through a bullet style connector. I'd like to assume Kubota did the same thing on all models of their tractors.......BUT, you'll have to see with your eyes.

N3BP

Equipment
B7200DT, B7200HST-D, L2900GST, L3010 HST TLB
Sep 20, 2016
Lebanon, PA
The only way to find your issues (and you're on the right track) is to trace the circuit from source to bulb. No doubt it's a time-consuming chore.....

Attachments

• Love

thahn1608

Equipment
L225 with K-600 Backhoe
Mar 30, 2020
Peach Bottom, PA
The only way to find your issues (and you're on the right track) is to trace the circuit from source to bulb. No doubt it's a time-consuming chore.....
Thanks. I'm leaning towards a bad flasher so I'll diagnose that tonight. I can hear it working, but that doesn't mean it's letting the circuit complete. It seems odd that every light that uses the flasher doesn't work (dash lights included). I have replaced all the light assemblies in the rear so I'm sure it is not a bulb or socket and the wiring seems to be in good shape. This is one of those "everything is wrong so where do I start?" Thanks for the help!

Shadetree605

Equipment
kubota b2100
May 1, 2022
north little rock, ar
Thanks. I'm leaning towards a bad flasher so I'll diagnose that tonight. I can hear it working, but that doesn't mean it's letting the circuit complete. It seems odd that every light that uses the flasher doesn't work (dash lights included). I have replaced all the light assemblies in the rear so I'm sure it is not a bulb or socket and the wiring seems to be in good shape. This is one of those "everything is wrong so where do I start?" Thanks for the help!
get your hands on a 12vcd test light, these tools are really great in trouble shooting loss of 12 dc volts. be sure to check all grounds at/near lights.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2018
Texas
Dash lights don’t use the “flasher”. I doubt that is the problem.

• Love

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2018
Texas
could be wrong ?, but i think he was talking about the hazard lights flashing on the dash ?, not sure if this is the case , or he was talking about all the dash lights ?.
A-ha! (didn’t think about those indicators)

N3BP

Equipment
B7200DT, B7200HST-D, L2900GST, L3010 HST TLB
Sep 20, 2016
Lebanon, PA
It sounds like it's in the wiring from the flasher unit to the dash indicators and hazzard lamps. The fact that you hear it operating should indicate you have +12V to the unit, and the on/off switch is working. Also, if the turn signal lamps and hazzard lamps share a common ground point, that should be checked as well. I would think your tail lights use that same common ground as well, so it's tough to say....

Ktrim

Equipment
B2400, lA352 loader,3pth quick hitch/z122r zero turn/restored 52 farmall super a
Dec 23, 2020
Nazareth Pa
Sounds like your missing ground. Try to ground one of the lights independently. If it works then your on the right track. Trace the grounds in the schematic

thahn1608

Equipment
L225 with K-600 Backhoe
Mar 30, 2020
Peach Bottom, PA
i figured it out!

The key is the flasher acts as a relay and has 2 power sources. One directly from the fuse and the other from the light switch/turn signal. The hazard switch also has 2 power sources: The same fused source as the flasher and a separate one from the light switch/turn signal (light bulb inside the switch. So 3 sources going to 2 different thing-a-ma-gigs.

Once I figured out what got power from where I could see that the light switch/turn signal had power and the bulb inside the hazard switch had power. The shared fuse power is what was missing. I traced the wire and checked for a short to the fuse and it tested fine. The fuse tested fine and transmitted power. SO WHERE DID THE POWER GO!!!

As it turns out the fuse holder must have not been making a good connection with the fuse... Throughout the pulling out and pushing in a 100 times through testing it suddenly started working - intermittently. Did some digging and the connections were slightly corroded. Cleaned them up and it works just fine now...

I guess when I tested for power it was connecting enough to test, but when i activated the switch it lost it. Either way, I have jostled the mess out of the wiring now and it stays on consistently.

I've done my fair share of troubleshooting, but that was a royal pain. The schematics from the WSM have different colors that what I have - even though the wiring is 100% factory. Red/blue were actually yellow, brown was red, etc. Once I traced out the coloring problems it made more sense. I guess colors don't translate well from Japanese...

Either way, it works now. i have flashers for days in all configurations and they work in sequence with the hazards as they should.

Thanks everyone who chimed in. Hopefully this helps someone in the future... I only spent about 4 hours chasing my tail and translating colors.