B7400HSD front transmission drain plug

Defender

Equipment
B7400HSD, LA272 Loader, FL1021R Rotary Tiller, Bush Hog Squealer SQ480, Rhino F
Aug 14, 2024
Dallas, TX
First THANK YOU WOLFMAN https://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/threads/b7400-hst-transmission-fluid-change.38873/

Been pulling my hair out since the Kubota manuals are not very clear and that answer by Wolfman really shined the light on questions I had. Now onto my situation.

Trying to identify the Kubota part number for the front transmission drain plug on a B7400HSD. The plug and rubber washer appear to be 01774-51010 and 04717-0100. The parts pictorials are not clear but they appear to be the ones. Can anyone verify this?

Now onto another important question. Finished a lot of dirt work with the beast (my kidneys and bladder hated me for a week!) and noticed leaking under the tractor. It appears to be coming from around the front transmission drain plug/bolt noted above. Reached under and shoot it appeared loose so started turning it by hand. Oh crud it just kept turning! So I have a couple of questions if anyone has encountered this or knows. I have not dropped the oil there yet to try measuring any on this and have no real tools to do it accurately.

The original drain plug bolt is a short bolt. How far back is the opening in the clutch housing cover and is it threaded the entire way?

Does the original bolt stop short of that depth and is there a longer bolt available in the event threads on the housing were damaged? If so anyone have a source for it?

If no to the longer bolt does anyone make a compression plug for these type problems?

Have a lot more work to do to finish things up before the rainy season starts.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
First THANK YOU WOLFMAN https://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/threads/b7400-hst-transmission-fluid-change.38873/

Been pulling my hair out since the Kubota manuals are not very clear and that answer by Wolfman really shined the light on questions I had. Now onto my situation.

Trying to identify the Kubota part number for the front transmission drain plug on a B7400HSD. The plug and rubber washer appear to be 01774-51010 and 04717-0100. The parts pictorials are not clear but they appear to be the ones. Can anyone verify this?

Now onto another important question. Finished a lot of dirt work with the beast (my kidneys and bladder hated me for a week!) and noticed leaking under the tractor. It appears to be coming from around the front transmission drain plug/bolt noted above. Reached under and shoot it appeared loose so started turning it by hand. Oh crud it just kept turning! So I have a couple of questions if anyone has encountered this or knows. I have not dropped the oil there yet to try measuring any on this and have no real tools to do it accurately.

The original drain plug bolt is a short bolt. How far back is the opening in the clutch housing cover and is it threaded the entire way?

Does the original bolt stop short of that depth and is there a longer bolt available in the event threads on the housing were damaged? If so anyone have a source for it?

If no to the longer bolt does anyone make a compression plug for these type problems?

Have a lot more work to do to finish things up before the rainy season starts.
Sounds like the threads in the drain are stripped. Thats usually the femsle threads and if thats the case a new plug wont fix the problem.

Dan