B7200HST - FWD/REV Adjustment

wally2q

Equipment
B7200
Sep 15, 2024
ontario, canada
Hi Everyone,
my new-to-me B7200 seems very sensitive to HST fwd/rev control input on the pedals.
Just touching it in any direction surges the tractor fwd or rev that it almost slides me off the seat!.. after that initial surge for a fraction of a second the tractor settles down at whatever speed I have the pedal set to.
Even if I try to feather the pedal gently and a tiny bit to go slow, it first Jolts / surges, and then the speed is what I have the pedal set to.

Question - is this normal for these machines?... or if abnormal, is there some sort of adjustment that can be made to reduce this effect?

thanks in advance!

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Hi Everyone,
my new-to-me B7200 seems very sensitive to HST fwd/rev control input on the pedals.
Just touching it in any direction surges the tractor fwd or rev that it almost slides me off the seat!.. after that initial surge for a fraction of a second the tractor settles down at whatever speed I have the pedal set to.
Even if I try to feather the pedal gently and a tiny bit to go slow, it first Jolts / surges, and then the speed is what I have the pedal set to.

Question - is this normal for these machines?... or if abnormal, is there some sort of adjustment that can be made to reduce this effect?

thanks in advance!
Not normal - you should be able to slowly inch both forward and reverse. It's one of the advantages of HST speed control. I would check the pedal linkages.

Dan

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
More than likely you have a bad dampener, that smooths out the HST control movements.

1727232817868.png

Reactions: 1 user

wally2q

Equipment
B7200
Sep 15, 2024
ontario, canada
Thanks for the quick response....

I'm quite familiar with HST - I have 3 other HST tractors (not kubota).

Yes - I can inch forward at very low speed... but as I press the pedal it does this quick surge for a fraction of a second, and then settles on the speed I have the pedal set to.
It only moves maybe 6 inches with that surge... it's very quick.... but that initial surge snaps my neck

Hydro

Equipment
ZD21
Sep 3, 2024
Southern Indiana
Check also the linkage on the side of the HST , the lever clamps onto the control shaft and may be loose ,, allowing the HST to over travel when you first push the pedal

Reactions: 1 user