B7100-Oil (not smoke) out of breather tube

KEO316

Equipment
Kubota B7100
Oct 27, 2021
Colorado
My 1500-hour 2WD HST B7100 has sprung a leak recently!

This machine starts easily and runs like a top. Only normal smoke on startup and under load. No strange sounds and has never used any oil.

Two weeks ago I was pushing some light brush around with my snow plow. I was definitely putting a load on the engine but nothing harsh. When I went to put the tractor in my garage I noticed oil had leaked out of the breather tube onto the plow frame. I checked the oil and it looked a little low. I could not see or smell anything else in the oil and it looked normal (not cloudy). I don't think oil has ever leaked out of this hose in the past.

My neighbor used the tractor today to pull a heavy roller around his yard to flatten high-spots. It definitely puts a load on the tractor but again-nothing extreme. Again, oil (not smoke) came out of the breather tube. I checked my oil dipstick and oil looks normal but about 1/8 quart low. I checked the hydraulic fluid level-looks normal. The coolant level in the radiator looks normal as well.

Any ideas?

I have basic tools so I would need to use a machine shop for anything major.

Thanks in advance for your help.

You might consider checking compression on the cylinders. If one or more is below 400 it might be a valve burned or not seating, thus allowing fuel and gases to blow back into the intake manifold. It would be a wed soft gummy build up. It happened to me on my B7100