B7100 grease points

Blakerulez

Equipment
B7100-HST-D, IH-W4
Jun 17, 2024
Oregon
Hey guys, perhaps a dumb question since im new to the tractor world, but I just bought a 1996 b7100-HST-D 4x4
I was hoping to mow my pastures this weekend, so I attempted to do a service on it last weekend.
all is well aside from greasing, the only grease point on the entire machine I could find is on the rocker pedal (forward and reverse), I even googled images of grease points on the model I have to make sure I wasn’t missing any, they had them all, and I have absolutely none. With so many moving components I’m wondering what I should do to keep everything lubricated… thank you

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Hey guys, perhaps a dumb question since im new to the tractor world, but I just bought a 1996 b7100-HST-D 4x4
I was hoping to mow my pastures this weekend, so I attempted to do a service on it last weekend.
all is well aside from greasing, the only grease point on the entire machine I could find is on the rocker pedal (forward and reverse), I even googled images of grease points on the model I have to make sure I wasn’t missing any, they had them all, and I have absolutely none. With so many moving components I’m wondering what I should do to keep everything lubricated… thank you
There is one for the clutch throw out bearing - right below the tool tray door.

Little bit tough to get in there - but very doable

1718652822144.png

Reactions: 1 users

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
That’s very interesting. Any other manual trans/clutch machines have provision to grease the throw-out bearing? What are the effects of overgreasing with regard to the clutch friction/pressure-plates?

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
That’s very interesting. Any other manual trans/clutch machines have provision to grease the throw-out bearing? What are the effects of overgreasing with regard to the clutch friction/pressure-plates?
It is not really greasing the throw out bearing but the interface of the bearing carrier and the shaft it slides on - at least that is what I understand that is greasing on my L185F of similar vintage.

But if you over grease it there is some chance it could get onto the clutch plate. But the pressure plate is between the two (bearing and friction plate) so there is some protection involved.

Reactions: 2 users

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
98% of all the joints / movement points on that model are lubed with hydraulic fluid or don't need lubed.

Reactions: 1 user