B6100 front loader hydraulic pump

dave86

Equipment
B6100
Oct 10, 2019
WOODLAND
In 1980 I put a front loader attachment kit on my B6100. It still works but has lost its oomph. I would like to replace the hydraulic pump. How do I find one that matches the application?

Fedup

Apr 6, 2016
Winchester
I don't know how others would do it, but personally, I would start by identifying the existing pump by size, style, and dimensions. Is it a two bolt mount? What size flange? Most two bolt pumps would be A flange or B flange. A flange has 3 1/4" pilot bore with 4 3/16" bolt spacing. B flange has 4" bore with 5 3/4" bolt spacing. Is your pump one of those? Maybe, maybe not. Then comes shaft size/style. Round shaft with straight cut keyway or maybe a splined shaft? Then inlet/outlet port size/style. ORB fittings, pipe thread, bolt on flange type, etc. Pump volume requirement and of course shaft rotation direction.

Plenty of stuff out there to choose from if you know what you're looking for. Sometimes the pumps can be identified by manufacturer and have certain I.D. numbers stamped into the mounting flange somewhere. If you find that it might help.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
hmm 'front loader attachment kit' .....
WHAT does the manual for it say is the required PSI and GPM ?
You'll need to KNOW that before replacing the existing pump.
'lost it's oomph'...
have you checked the PSI of the system ?
if it's within spec, check cylinders for leakthrough,,maybe spool valve is worn ??

seems wrong to replace a perfectly good pump, even though it might only cost $225.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
In 1980 I put a front loader attachment kit on my B6100. It still works but has lost its oomph. I would like to replace the hydraulic pump. How do I find one that matches the application?
  1. It must be CCW rotation
  2. It should be roughly .8 to 1.0 CID displacement
  3. The mounting flange.and shaft should match the old pump.
Thats about it. You can purchase a new gear pump replacement forrj about $150. As others said purchase a pressure gauge and verify the pump output pressure is in fact low before replacing it.

Post a picture or two of the old pump and I might have more specific comments.

Dan