B5000 help

vk2cjc

Equipment
B5000
Apr 30, 2010
Australia
Hi

I have just inherited a run down B5000 which I intend to restore to good condition again. But not being familiar with the breed, I am finding more questions than answers.

What does the small pedal at my right heel do? I thought it must be a PTO clutch or brake, but if it is it doesnt work :) Am I correct?

All the writing is in japanese. I live in Australia and I'm told that this model was never imported to Aus. When it comes to ordering parts, which models were inported to Aus which are similar enough to have the same parts? B5100?

I have bought a full set of filters off ebay and am starting the project today. No doubt many more questions will arise soon.

Even after 5 years in an orchard on flat tyres, I got it started in half an hour (in spite of a broken fuel filter bowl) and it runs OK. I'm enjoying this already :)

Thanks
Jack

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
That would be the differential lock pedal to lock in the rear wheels together for an extra boost of traction in case you get stuck.

vk2cjc

Equipment
B5000
Apr 30, 2010
Australia
AAh. Now that would have been my second guess :)

Does it lock on, or do I have to hold it down in times of need?

Thanks heaps
Jack

traildust

Equipment
B7610HST 4WD, LA352 FEL, Gearmore 2 Spool Top & Tilt Box Scraper
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
Jack,
As Erick mentioned is it a diff lock. A word of caution: Don't just step on the peddle when you feel like it, you can cause more damage than the tractor is worth.

All things must be equal, both rear tires must be spinning the same or the both must be stopped. Better safe than sorry, let everything stop moving then use push the pedal in and go.

When you come to a rest again it will reset to the unlocked position.

vk2cjc

Equipment
B5000
Apr 30, 2010
Australia
Stop before locking diff. Check !

Does anyone have a photo of a standard B5000 dash panel?

Or a wiring diagram? Mine is much modified and has a lof of broken switches hanging down round the pedals.

It also seems to have a Holden alternator and a Ford ammeter :)

Also, how much movement of the back wheels can be expected be expected on the axle. I have about an inch and a half movement at the outside of the wheel. Everything is tight. Are the hubs meant to be a tight fit on the axle shaft or is movement expected?

cheers
Jack