B3300 starts but quits with move front or back

sidey4

Equipment
B3300
May 13, 2017
North Bay On Canada
Hi Folks, My B3300 was running fine yesterday and started up fine this morning. Backed out of the garage and was going to start cutting some wood - shut it down for a bit. Started up again but as soon as I went to move forward it quit. Started up again and tried to back up and it quit again. I checked the safety switch on the side by the pedal and it seems to be working as it should. I have the seat switch tie wrapped but checked it too and all seems ok - any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
I can only find a blurry wiring diagram for your tractor.

I note that is has an OPC i.e. Operator Presence Controller which is deciding when it can start, run and when it can move.

I also note two safety switches associated with the seat. One is a Tilt switch, which will be providing input to the OPC.

You only mention one seat switch so I would look closer. Something is telling the OPC that is is not safe to move your tractor. Checking if the pto will operate would be useful info.

Dave

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
Check to see if the Hydro pedal safety switch is loose in the mounting bracket. If it's tight, replace the switch.

sidey4

Equipment
B3300
May 13, 2017
North Bay On Canada
Thanks Dave - I did know about the tilt switch when using my PTO chipper etc. - can i just jump across the switches to test and then replace if my dealer is open (with this covid stuff?

Cam

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
Thanks Dave - I did know about the tilt switch when using my PTO chipper etc. - can i just jump across the switches to test and then replace if my dealer is open (with this covid stuff?

Cam
Cam

I do not know how "smart" the OPC is when it comes to switches being permanently jumped but I see no harm in trying this solution.

You did not answer my question about the pto running

Dave