B2650 Grapple Choices

ahenthus

Equipment
B7610 ROPS, B2650 Cab
Mar 24, 2012
Upstate SC
During Helene I lost about six big trees in my goat pasture to including three Chinaberry trees. Chinaberry leaves and berries are poisonous to goats so I have temporarily moved the goats to another pasture. I'm sure it'll be very expensive to have a professional cut up the trees and dispose of them. I'm now wondering if it'd be a good time to purchase a grapple for $2-3K along with a third function for my B2650 cab. It will probably take a while for me to cut up the trees with a chainsaw and haul the limbs and smaller trunks away but I believe I'm up for the challenge. I don't mind leaving the large logs in the pasture as they're in an out of the way place for the most part. The bucket on my FEL is easily removable and a grapple will attach easily. I have a burn pile in one of my pastures and can easily move the limbs to it. Two of the chinaberry trees are huge and I'm 77 years old but I think it's doable. What should I look for in a grapple purchase?

OntheRidge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L47 TLB, Homestead 55" grapple, LP 1684 rear blade, WR Long 84" snowplow
Nov 1, 2020
This is what I have on my L47, 55". It is a well made product from a reputable company. You will get a ton of suggestions, this is just what I use and like. Good luck with your cleanup!

Sidekick

Equipment
Kioti CK2620SE cab, RTV-X, BX2360, Z726XKW-3-60
Jul 29, 2023
N.Y,
I bought this one and it's lightweight but strong. They are in NC and have them ready to ship next day usually. Military discount also. Great company to deal with.

Reactions: 1 user