b2401dt mid mount mower

Bud77$

Equipment
b2401dt
Aug 11, 2024
Georgetown ohio
noise when disengaging clutch while mowing. New tractor b2401dt. Tried out today.When clutch is depressed the tractor makes a loud clicking noise until the blades come to full stop. Is this normal. Thanx for any help

Last edited:

N3BP

Equipment
B7200DT, B7200HST-D, L2900GST, L3010 HST TLB
Sep 20, 2016
Lebanon, PA
The noise you're describing sounds like an overrunning clutch in action, which is normal.

Bud77$

Equipment
b2401dt
Aug 11, 2024
Georgetown ohio
The noise you're describing sounds like an overrunning clutch in action, which is normal.
I really appreciate your quick response on this situation. I am new to this site and to Kubota tractors. all my tractor experience is with older stuff. I kind of thought that might be what the noise was, but wanted to ask other members on this site. I put an overrun clutch on my old 8n years back. That why I was kind of thinking that was the noise. It never made as audible noise as the one on the Kubota. I had to save up to get this tractor and I love it. I was just making sure I didnt do something wrong when I put the mower deck on. Everything is smooth as can be when cutting. It only makes the noise when I push the clutch in to come to a stop and the blades start slowing down. Thanx again for your reply. I would still be interested in hearing from any other members with a b2401 dt gear drive if they have experienced this. Great site!!!!

N3BP

Equipment
B7200DT, B7200HST-D, L2900GST, L3010 HST TLB
Sep 20, 2016
Lebanon, PA
I'd also be interested to hear what others have to say. One of my machines is a gear drive, and I've never heard the overrunning clutch operate either. Mine lacks a mid pto, so maybe maybe the are more audible then the rear pto?

Bud77$

Equipment
b2401dt
Aug 11, 2024
Georgetown ohio
I'd also be interested to hear what others have to say. One of my machines is a gear drive, and I've never heard the overrunning clutch operate either. Mine lacks a mid pto, so maybe maybe the are more audible then the rear pto?
I don't have an implement to put on the rear pto yet. So I don't know if the noise is as audible on the rear pto as it is on the mid pto. But when I eventually do get a implement for the rear I will report back with an update. If the noise is as noticeable on the rear pto as it is on the mid pto I will definitely hear it. Thanx again.