B2400 Fuel Mystery

Gt020

Equipment
Kubota B2400
Jun 30, 2024
Lancaster, PA
Hi all. I have spent the majority of the weekend contemplating and digging into this head scratcher. I am hoping someone who is more knowledgeable may be able to help.
I have a B2400 with the D1105 engine. I bought this machine not running. I removed the injector lines and realized no fuel is coming out of the plungers when cranking. Ok, I cracked the supply fitting at the pump - plenty of fuel coming from the lift pump. I removed the shutoff and verified the rack is free and actuating. There is a small line that runs off the injection pump and up to the injectors, tied to each one, and to the tank. I am assuming this is a return. I removed this line from the pump and cranked the engine, plenty of fuel spurting here. Curiously, i plugged this nipple with my thumb and all of a sudden all three plungers started spurting fuel. OK - I kept this nipple plugged and was able to bleed the entire system and it fired right up. Long story short, the tractor will run with that return (?) line plugged off (currently have a vice grip on the line) and will immediately die and lose prime once the restriction is removed. It is almost as if all fuel is bypassing the pump plungers when it is unrestricted.
Any ideas? I am stumped. I have removed and disassembled the injection pump and found nothing unusual. Thank you for any input!

Ktrim

Equipment
B2400, lA352 loader,3pth quick hitch/z122r zero turn/restored 52 farmall super a
Dec 23, 2020
Nazareth Pa
Hi all. I have spent the majority of the weekend contemplating and digging into this head scratcher. I am hoping someone who is more knowledgeable may be able to help.
I have a B2400 with the D1105 engine. I bought this machine not running. I removed the injector lines and realized no fuel is coming out of the plungers when cranking. Ok, I cracked the supply fitting at the pump - plenty of fuel coming from the lift pump. I removed the shutoff and verified the rack is free and actuating. There is a small line that runs off the injection pump and up to the injectors, tied to each one, and to the tank. I am assuming this is a return. I removed this line from the pump and cranked the engine, plenty of fuel spurting here. Curiously, i plugged this nipple with my thumb and all of a sudden all three plungers started spurting fuel. OK - I kept this nipple plugged and was able to bleed the entire system and it fired right up. Long story short, the tractor will run with that return (?) line plugged off (currently have a vice grip on the line) and will immediately die and lose prime once the restriction is removed. It is almost as if all fuel is bypassing the pump plungers when it is unrestricted.
Any ideas? I am stumped. I have removed and disassembled the injection pump and found nothing unusual. Thank you for any input!
Can you post pics of how the lines are run. Just replumbed fuel system on b2400.
Had to replace the tank and went from 3 return nipples on tank to 2. Another wonderful kubota supersession, had to retrofit.

Gt020

Equipment
Kubota B2400
Jun 30, 2024
Lancaster, PA
Can you post pics of how the lines are run. Just replumbed fuel system on b2400.
Had to replace the tank and went from 3 return nipples on tank to 2. Another wonderful kubota supersession, had to retrofit.
The return lines are run as such from left to right, looking at the tank from the front of the tractor - fuel filter head, injection pump supply fitting, injector line return.

Attachments