B2400 HST front driveshaft U joint failure

74kaak47

Apr 15, 2017
NE Ohio
I have been reading here for a long time, unfortunately I need some help. I was doing some grading with my B2400 HST, heard a snap, stopped, found a broken U joint cap sitting on the ground. Upon investigation, I found that the transmission side U joint yolk has completely failed and broke. Would be a pretty simple repair except it is up inside the frame tunnel, way out of reach. Is splitting the tractor nessisary to repair this? I am wondering if I can use a grinder to cut an access panel out of the frame, and either welding it back in place afterwords, or getting a larger steel plate, drilling holes for bolts to be able to have a removable panel. Would this weeken the frame to the point I should not do it? I appreciate any help and responses, thank you all in advance.
Jon

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Jon- don't know your tractor, but most times the propeller shaft can be replaced without splitting the tractor.
There are a couple roll pins, that when removed, give you enough travel to take it out.
Go to the Kubota website and get the parts diagram for it. Should give you a good place to start.
Good luck!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

onlymatt95

Equipment
B2400
Jul 6, 2024
Rising Sun
I have been reading here for a long time, unfortunately I need some help. I was doing some grading with my B2400 HST, heard a snap, stopped, found a broken U joint cap sitting on the ground. Upon investigation, I found that the transmission side U joint yolk has completely failed and broke. Would be a pretty simple repair except it is up inside the frame tunnel, way out of reach. Is splitting the tractor nessisary to repair this? I am wondering if I can use a grinder to cut an access panel out of the frame, and either welding it back in place afterwords, or getting a larger steel plate, drilling holes for bolts to be able to have a removable panel. Would this weeken the frame to the point I should not do it? I appreciate any help and responses, thank you all in advance.
Jon
I know I am late to this thread but what im gonna do is cut my shaft off and get a used one. Turn the shaft down a little bit behind the splines so I can slide the couplers back past the end of the shaft. And hopefully cover the shaft with some metal to help protect the shaft from getting wrapped up with weeds.