B219 front pump & FEL

Barefoot guy

Equipment
1993 Kubota B7100hst. RC60 belly mower.
Jun 2, 2022
West Virginia
Hi all. I have a B7100HST with the RC60 belly mower. I was looking for a FEL for it. I found a B7100 non HST with FEL and a rod through the engine block. Then after researching my impulse buy I discovered that the HST and non HST have a slightly different wheelbase so I will need to do a little modding where the FEL framework mounts to the rear axle. I can handle that. My problem now is that I can't figure out how to remove the front engine mounted pump shaft front the front of the engine. It is held together on both ends with a double row chain. I see no master link to remove a chain. What will I have to do to switch the pump to my HST? Thanks!

Reactions: 1 user

007kubotaguy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B7100DT L245DT JD 2355
Dec 23, 2012
Herald Calif.
You will find master links on the chain couplers. Just have to look for them. Once they are removed everything should come off easily. The subframe for the gear drive and the HST are the same for the b219 loader. They just add an extension for the hst.

Reactions: 1 user

Barefoot guy

Equipment
Jun 2, 2022
West Virginia
You will find master links on the chain couplers. Just have to look for them. Once they are removed everything should come off easily. The subframe for the gear drive and the HST are the same for the b219 loader. They just add an extension for the hst.
Thank you 007kubotaguy for the reply. I will look for those chain links and try to get the rest of it apart. I wish that I could have the loader and the belly mower both on the tractor at the same time. But I don't think it will work to have the frame work for both implements bolted to the tractor at the same time.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Hi all. I have a B7100HST with the RC60 belly mower. I was looking for a FEL for it. I found a B7100 non HST with FEL and a rod through the engine block. Then after researching my impulse buy I discovered that the HST and non HST have a slightly different wheelbase so I will need to do a little modding where the FEL framework mounts to the rear axle. I can handle that. My problem now is that I can't figure out how to remove the front engine mounted pump shaft front the front of the engine. It is held together on both ends with a double row chain. I see no master link to remove a chain. What will I have to do to switch the pump to my HST? Thanks!
That chain coupler should come off the shafts as a unit. Probably keyed to the shafts and held in place with a setscrew. Is there enough clearance to pull the shaft out of the coupler.?

Dan

Last edited:

Mountainman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501, B7100, B6000, BX24, B1750, B2400
Jul 10, 2022
Attalla Alabama
mossycreekoutdoors.com
I've pulled a couple off an neither were attached to the crankshaft other than the shaft going in it. Just had to lift the radiator a little and they slid right off. Unfortunately you can't have a 219 loader and mowing deck on at the same time. Either or. And not an easy swap

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
You do know you can use the B7100HST hydraulic pump to run the loader.
@torch makes the adapter plates for them.

Donystoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610HSDCC, B/H, Loader, plus numerous other attachments. B7200 sold
Dec 10, 2013
Binbrook, Ontario
Thank you 007kubotaguy for the reply. I will look for those chain links and try to get the rest of it apart. I wish that I could have the loader and the belly mower both on the tractor at the same time. But I don't think it will work to have the frame work for both implements bolted to the tractor at the same time.
If you are good at fabrication you might be able to alter it a bit to have both mower and loader on at the same time. The b7200 that I had I made my own subframe that allowed the mower deck and loader to be on together. I had planned on adding an independent lift mechanism to lift the mower so the backhoe could be left on but never did.

Barefoot guy

Equipment
Jun 2, 2022
West Virginia
I appreciate all the replies. I wish I had done a little more homework before I bought the B219 FEL. But I had only had my B7100HST for a couple of months when a B7100 popped up on Facebook Marketplace with a B219 FEL and a rod through the side of the engine block. I thought I can always use the extra parts. So I bought it cheap and it was nearby. But I wish in hindsight I had waited and bought a 1630 FEL. I guess with enough patients you can Fab up anything to work. I was hoping to widen the FEL brackets by 1/4" to allow them to sit over top of the RC60 mower brackets and just use longer bolts. But I fear there may be clearance issues with raising the mower. probably way more work than I would want to get into. Rookie mistake for sure. Lol I guess I could install the loader and switch to a rear finish cut mower. But much of my mowing is on a hillside and I like the mid mount mower for that reason. Thanks for all the great answers.