B1700 Towing

Saskstallion

Mar 9, 2018
Edmonton, AB, Canada
I'm looking to rent a trailer mounted post pounder this weekend, to do some fencing on my level yard.
The trailer is spec'd to weight almost 3,000lbs.
Do you think I'd be able to pull this with the B1700?

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
I'm looking to rent a trailer mounted post pounder this weekend, to do some fencing on my level yard.
The trailer is spec'd to weight almost 3,000lbs.
Do you think I'd be able to pull this with the B1700?
Pulling a trailer for the most part is really not a problem....... IT IS stopping the trailer when moving!

I can pull a double axle trailer up a small incline with my B7100 - the front end is a bit light, even with 70 pounds on the front end.

I have seen people move an RV with a small tractor - it was on flat ground and about 1/2 mph!

IF you have hills either UP or DOWN then be extremely careful - be in 4WD all the time for better braking.

How is the pounder mounted on the trailer? OVER the axle or?????

Saskstallion

Mar 9, 2018
Edmonton, AB, Canada
Pulling a trailer for the most part is really not a problem....... IT IS stopping the trailer when moving!

I can pull a double axle trailer up a small incline with my B7100 - the front end is a bit light, even with 70 pounds on the front end.

I have seen people move an RV with a small tractor - it was on flat ground and about 1/2 mph!

IF you have hills either UP or DOWN then be extremely careful - be in 4WD all the time for better braking.

How is the pounder mounted on the trailer? OVER the axle or?????
Thanks for the quick reply!
It's a Wheatheart Heavy Hitter pounder. Looks like tongue weight
shouldnt be huge...

Attachments

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
As long as your not dealing with too hilly of land you should be fine.