Anyone able to explain what exactly these options are?

blb078

Jun 19, 2016
Wentzville
Mainly it's 2252-2262-2272 that I'm not 100% sure of

L2265- 3RD FUNCTION CONTROL VALVE FOR HYDRAULIC LOADER IMPLEMENT $1,130 (typical 3rd function for grapple etc)??

L2272 - 3RD FUNCTION CONTROL VALVE & HYDRAULIC 2-LEVER QUICK COUPLER $3,012 (typical 3rd function and auto quick attach on loader similar to how skid steers can change loader implements with the push of a button w/o getting off and locking/unlocking levers)??

L2252 - SINGLE LEVER HOSE QUICK COUPLER FOR LOADER HOSES (4 HOSES) $874 ???

L2262 - SINGLE LEVER VALVE HOSE QUICK COUPLER , 3RD FUNCTION VALVE, CONTROL VALVE, AND HYDRAULIC 2 LEVER QUICK COUPLER (8 HOSES) $1,125 ????

L2260 3RD FUNCTION HOSE QUICK COUPLER $749 (quick connects typical 3rd function.)

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
well messick's has a lot of drawings for them, several hits when searched here.
would help if for a specific tractor model....
if Kubota products, their 'parts page' will have detailed infomation drawings.
google has a few video' for some of them....

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Way too many sales persons have no idea about what the intricacies of the items are that they sell beyond what they read in the printed sales literature. I have found that sometimes reading the parts and installation pages will give you more information than the salesman. You get to see how the item is attached to the tractor and that might help to determine is use. Many options are refinements of the basic option to allow you more control over how it works.

Reactions: 2 users

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
L2272 - 3RD FUNCTION CONTROL VALVE & HYDRAULIC 2-LEVER QUICK COUPLER $3,012 (typical 3rd function and auto quick attach on loader similar to how skid steers can change loader implements with the push of a button w/o getting off and locking/unlocking levers)??
This gives you the ability to change Implements on the loader without leaving the seat, it hydraulicly opens the latches and closes the latches on the SSQA.
If you attach something that is third function controlled, Like a grapple, you will need to get off and connect those hoses manually.

It's a latching plate and connectors for disconnecting the hydraulics for easily removing the loader from the tractor.
If your doing a 3rd function, you would also need to add the L2260 for those hoses.

L2262 - SINGLE LEVER VALVE HOSE QUICK COUPLER , 3RD FUNCTION VALVE, CONTROL VALVE, AND HYDRAULIC 2 LEVER QUICK COUPLER (8 HOSES) $1,125 ????
It's a the same as the L2252 with more hose connections for third function and for remote latching of the SSQA (L2272)

L2260 3RD FUNCTION HOSE QUICK COUPLER $749 (quick connects typical 3rd function.)

Reactions: 2 users

blb078

Jun 19, 2016
Wentzville
This gives you the ability to change Implements on the loader without leaving the seat, it hydraulicly opens the latches and closes the latches on the SSQA.
If you attach something that is third function controlled, Like a grapple, you will need to get off and connect those hoses manually.

It's a latching plate and connectors for disconnecting the hydraulics for easily removing the loader from the tractor.
If your doing a 3rd function, you would also need to add the L2260 for those hoses.

It's a the same as the L2252 with more hose connections for third function and for remote latching of the SSQA (L2272)
Thx, so the sales associate put L2262 & L2260. I told him I wanted a 3rd function and the quick disconnect for the loader. It's hard to find any pictures of any of this stuff so I'm not sure if he priced it out correctly or not. Trying to get this all figured out before I pull the trigger.

MOOTS

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX6000
Jun 27, 2019
Canton, Georgia
Thx, so the sales associate put L2262 & L2260. I told him I wanted a 3rd function and the quick disconnect for the loader. It's hard to find any pictures of any of this stuff so I'm not sure if he priced it out correctly or not. Trying to get this all figured out before I pull the trigger.
Unless you plan to remove the loader a whole bunch, I’d save the coin on these options. That hydraulic ssqa would be nice though. The BX has a 4 hose manifold block and they are known to leak, a lot. Maybe they are different on the larger tractors? What tractor is this for?

blb078

Jun 19, 2016
Wentzville
Unless you plan to remove the loader a whole bunch, I’d save the coin on these options. That hydraulic ssqa would be nice though. The BX has a 4 hose manifold block and they are known to leak, a lot. Maybe they are different on the larger tractors? What tractor is this for?
L4060, I'm trying to make sure it has a 3rd function for my grapple is the main thing, the quick attaches and such while nice to have and if it's some kind of package great, but not really a must for me.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
If you want hydraulic disconnect for the SSQA and third function, you need L2265, L2272 and L2262

If you want manual SSQA with third function you need L2265, L2260, L2252

Reactions: 1 users

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Mainly it's 2252-2262-2272 that I'm not 100% sure of

L2265- 3RD FUNCTION CONTROL VALVE FOR HYDRAULIC LOADER IMPLEMENT $1,130 (typical 3rd function for grapple etc)??

The options in question are single-lever hydraulic manifolds to replace the multiple hose connections used for FELS.

The different part numbers have different numbers of flat-faced couplings used with FELS with/without third function, etc., options.

I always specify single-lever hydraulic manifolds when purchasing new tractors as I find such very handy. Moreover, they can be connected/disconnected with/without pressure in the lines and never leak a drop.

Yes, they are expensive.

Should you specify one, insist that your dealer give to you all of the OEM parts, couplings, hardware, etc., that they remove in order to install the manifold. If you do not, they will simply keep such material for themselves.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
L4060, I'm trying to make sure it has a 3rd function for my grapple is the main thing, the quick attaches and such while nice to have and if it's some kind of package great, but not really a must for me.
All of the optional single-lever manifolds that I have bought over the years have worked flawlessly and never leaked a drop.

No, I have never owned a BX model having the system, known to be problematic.

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Mine on my BX23S only leaked once and that was because I hadn't put it on straight. I call the selling dealer and they sent me a replacement, and didn't want the old one back, just a picture of the tractor VIN. Once I realized what I had done wrong, I took the connector off and repositioned it and it has been flawlessly working for the past few months. When I have time I will remove the original and put on the updated part. Since it isn't leaking presently there is no urgency.

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
On an L, how often would you remove the loader? On a BX (or a B) you do it a lot to mow. But you're unlikely to mow with an L, so I'd have thought the loader is pretty much permanently on. I'm not sure I'd spend for a single lever manifold for something you might take on and off a couple times ever?

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
same applies to the hydraulic SSQA option. Really, unless you're changing bucket<>grapple<>forks several times a day, it's not a bad thing to get out of the seat for SSQA lock/unlock.That minute or two does allow you to inspect the front end and stretch your legs a bit.

Reactions: 1 user