Any Talk of Updated Grand L Yet???

blb078

Jun 19, 2016
Wentzville
Seems the 60 series has been out much longer than the 30 and 40 series. I'm about to pull the trigger on a 4060 and last thing I want is 3 months from now a new 70 or 80 series come out.

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs
Seems the 60 series has been out much longer than the 30 and 40 series. I'm about to pull the trigger on a 4060 and last thing I want is 3 months from now a new 70 or 80 series come out.
I don't see the issue. You're looking at a used L4060. If Kubota came out with an L4070 tomorrow, how long would be before used ones were available for sale?

I think the main driver for going from the -40 to the -60 was emissions requirements. The main difference I see between an M7040 and an M7060 is tier 4 emissions stuff on the -60 (and many of us would prefer the older model). There have been some incremental changes on the base models, L2501/2502, L3301/3302, etc., but nothing major.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
No way to know.

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
L2501 TLB , Grappel, Brush Hog, Box Blade, Ballast box, Forks, Tiller, PH digger
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan
I am just curious.

Why would that bother you?

I am almost the "polar opposite".

If new model is coming out, I almost always "rush out and buy it" before I can't get the "old one" anymore.

As a general rule, I am very skeptical of new models and the "bugs" that tend to come with them.

Of course there are "exceptions", so just curious.

Reactions: 1 users

JimDeL

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2380; R4 tires; 54" MMM; FEL w Pirahna bar; Ballast Box; BXpanded skid plate.
Aug 31, 2022
Austintown, Ohio
I am just curious.

If new model is coming out, I almost always "rush out and buy it" before I can't get the "old one" anymore.

As a general rule, I am very skeptical of new models and the "bugs" that tend to come with them.

I agree. I'd never buy a new model car, truck, or tractor during the first couple years. Gives the manufacturer/dealers some time to find out what the bugs are - and, hopefully, fix them.

Reactions: 1 users

blb078

Jun 19, 2016
Wentzville
I am just curious.

Because I don't want to buy something and turn around and a newer version have a feature(s) that would be nice to have that maybe you can't retro fit on an older one. I have no problem buying first year things, done it with vehicles many time. It's kind of a big misconception anyway that new products have these bugs that get worked out. Using vehicles as an example GM and Ford trucks both have had tranny issues on their latest versions, you'd think they would fix the issue, no they just keep producing them and deal with it under warranty. And after all that is what the warranty is for if they come out with some update after a year then it can be fixed under warranty. But in the end it comes down to the possibility of missing out on a new feature that you can't get with older models if I would of just waited a few months. Sure it will cost more but what doesn't.

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
L2501 TLB , Grappel, Brush Hog, Box Blade, Ballast box, Forks, Tiller, PH digger
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan
Because I don't want to buy something and turn around and a newer version have a feature(s) that would be nice to have that maybe you can't retro fit on an older one. I have no problem buying first year things, done it with vehicles many time. It's kind of a big misconception anyway that new products have these bugs that get worked out. Using vehicles as an example GM and Ford trucks both have had tranny issues on their latest versions, you'd think they would fix the issue, no they just keep producing them and deal with it under warranty. And after all that is what the warranty is for if they come out with some update after a year then it can be fixed under warranty. But in the end it comes down to the possibility of missing out on a new feature that you can't get with older models if I would of just waited a few months. Sure it will cost more but what doesn't.

Hahaha...that's cool.

Certainly a different perspective than me.

I hate the uncertainly that comes with the "new thing". Like this newest version of Windows. Takes me 10 minutes to figure anything out......

I remember back when I bought my truck; One reason I bought it when I did, is there was a rumor they were phasing out the Cummins 5.9 and replacing it with the more powerful 6.7 and I did not want a 1'st year engine.

Different strokes for different folks. (y)

Sorry I can't help with your original question though.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Hahaha...that's cool.

Certainly a different perspective than me.

I hate the uncertainly that comes with the "new thing". Like this newest version of Windows. Takes me 10 minutes to figure anything out......

I remember back when I bought my truck; One reason I bought it when I did, is there was a rumor they were phasing out the Cummins 5.9 and replacing it with the more powerful 6.7 and I did not want a 1'st year engine.

Different strokes for different folks. (y)

Sorry I can't help with your original question though.
Agreed.

Manufacturers do, indeed, release new products onto the market with both known and unknown issues so as to realize the revenue of sales that would otherwise be lost forever.

Usually, but not always, such issues, especially those already known, are resolved quickly, but early adopters do serve as guinea pigs.