Any HVAC guys here? (Calibrate used unit)

Shadow_storm56

Equipment
Lawn mower
Oct 22, 2020
Canada
So long story short I'm a bit of a tinkerer and also a farmer so have to know many skills anyways.... I needed a new cooling unit to keep my cranberry room around 40-50F for packing time and for cold storage of certain things that don't like the temp of the normal coolers. I found a great deal online for a used unit a guy had as a spare and just wanted to get rid of so it was cheap. Took the risk and gave it a try, it was charged up too so I just pumped it down, took it apart and reassembled it. The compressor works great but I can't get the cooling coil to really load it down. It had an r22 tx valve and the compressor/gas is r404a so although generally possible it's hard to tune that valve for 404a.

Sofar I can get it to load down a little bit but I find my capillary tubes turn into a ball of ice and I'm not sure if that matters but I'm curious.

Compressor side works great it's just the evaporator side that I can't get tuned right.

Tughill Tom

Equipment
B3200
Dec 23, 2013
Turin, NY
Just a WAG, does it have a Hot Gas By-pass set up on? Also some TX valve heads can be changed to match the system gas and operating temps.