Antifreeze Leak

tony_larson

Equipment
L3301
Oct 15, 2024
Chaska, MN
I was moving some hay last night, noticed Antifreeze leaking and traced it back to the spot in this picture. I shut it down for a while and cleaned the screen as it had quite a bit of hay built up and when I started it back up the leaking stopped. Ran it for about an hour after that and everything
was fine. Has any one else experienced this and anything to be concerned about? Have about 900 hours on it now and this is the first time I’ve noticed it - I’ve seen the screen a lot more clogged in the past but never noticed any leaking before.

Attachments

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
He means take the picture from further away - so more of the engine area can be seen.

kubotafreak

Equipment
GRAND l6060, L3560, B6100, gr2100, tg 1860, g1800, g1900, g2160
Sep 20, 2018
Arkansas, US
It is right above the belt. So thermostat housing, or a hose leak.

OP,

Many hose clamps can stand to be snugged up even when new.

MapleLeafFarmer

Equipment
Lots incl. B and L kubotas
Dec 2, 2019
E.
I was moving some hay last night, noticed Antifreeze leaking and traced it back to the spot in this picture. I shut it down for a while and cleaned the screen as it had quite a bit of hay built up and when I started it back up the leaking stopped. Ran it for about an hour after that and everything
was fine. Has any one else experienced this and anything to be concerned about? Have about 900 hours on it now and this is the first time I’ve noticed it - I’ve seen the screen a lot more clogged in the past but never noticed any leaking before.
I would start by replacing the 2 disposable gaskets
- thermostat gasket (rnd'ish gasket that sits on top of stat which sits ontop of part #1of the water flange )
- water flange gasket (squar.'ish gasket that goes between the block and the lower stat. assembly water flange)

In total parts less than $10 as well as tightening all hose clamps a little that arn't the permanent clamp type..