Advise needed on external hydraulics etc.

Rob

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B6000DT / B7100DP /B8200DT/L225/Globe PTO Chipper/Lewis Backhoe/huxley TR66
Nov 22, 2009
Leafy England....
Good evening all, well it is over here....;)
I have a rather vexing question for you all on which i could really use some serious input to be honest.
I have seen a lot of previous threads on the subject of hydraulics etc and could use some help myself on the subject.

I Have a B6000 which has the normal on-board hydraulics , but no intregration block ,nor a controlable valve by the seat.
I have allmost finished my restoration of my FEL and wish to run it on a standalone system via an extrnal pump run via a fan belt and pulley setup.
My loader has 4 rams two spool valves but i wish to run a pipe with quick disconnect valve to the rear for a tipping trailer and a log splitter(not all connected at the same time).
also in the future a backhoe, maybe run from this pump if not via its own onboard pump.
As a final fittment i want to run a line to the front to power a hydraulic lift front hitch.

Now all though this may seem alot i dont think its that complicated.
I have a pump in mind, its a dowty GP2-45AU which from my notes is a group2 pump with displacment of 45. it has a 5" pulley wheel with an inlet and outlet port.
not really sure on what that equates to but some one on here may know.

So any thoughts on if this will all work ,and wether the pump will be ok to use, also what should i consider on the pressure relief valve side of things.

any help would be really nice on this one guys.

rob

Last edited:

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
It sounds like you have plans to really do a lot of work/play with your ride. On my old B 7100 The fel was ran from a pump mounted to the front of the tractor and was driven by the front pto shaft (crank shaft) and my backhoe had a pump driven by the rear pto. The loader and the backhoe both had their own fluid reservoir and were completely independant from the tractor. As far as I know it was done this way from the factory.