Advice Welcomed: L3560 throttles down / won’t crank

Bamazon

Equipment
Kubota L3560 HST
Aug 10, 2024
Alabama
I have a Kubota L3560 HST, been having problems with it struggling to stay running. Throttles down to nearly dying then back up. So far changed oil, oil filter, air filter, filter in water separator.

Problem now is diesel is not filling back up into the water separator bowl. Tried doing the bleed air process (loosening set screw on top of the fuel filter. Still wont prime after multiple attempts. I disconnected the fuel like from the tank and flushed the line between there and the water separator (no obstruction). Did the same in the line between the water separator and fuel pump (no obstructions).

When I turn the key (during the air bleed process) the pump just makes a clicking sound, like it’s trying to pull fuel just isn’t.

So, do I just go with trying to replace the pump ? Would there be a stronger reason to replace the fuel filter first and try it again?

When I did the air bleed process it didn’t seem like any air was actually coming through the set screw (implying even though it was clicking the pump wasn’t pulling any volume through), what sat ye ?

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
There commonly is debris causing a restriction in the inlet passage of the water separator. Remove the bowl and hoses from the separator, and remove the mounting bolt to remove the separator head. Shoot a blast of compressed air into the opening directly below the shut-off, which will come out of the inlet elbow.
If you put a clean rag over the 90-degree inlet elbow, you will see what was lodged in the separator head.