Advice on the 2024 LX4020 w/MMM needed

Hemlock

Equipment
24’ Kubota LX4020HSDC, 20’ JD 5065Ecab, Mbishi BD2G, IB 14’ D Trl, 36” sawmill
Aug 30, 2024
Vermont
Hello everyone,
I know this message is going to be somewhat long but I wanted to explain as much as possible in order to get the information out and attempt to explain the reasoning behind my decisions as well as my questions.
My wife and I would appreciate any and all advice, information, suggestions, questions and criticisms from any of you that may be willing to assist.
I’m new to the Kubota tractor lineup, not tractors as a whole but the 2024 Kubota LX series lineup has very little accessible literature as far as the LX4020 and its acceptable attachments.
I recently traded in my 2021 John Deere 1025R with 136 hours on it. Excellent condition.
As most everyone who’s used the 1025R knows, it has very limited ground clearance, especially with the MMM in place, we wanted something a bit more versatile and with more clearance.
I have basically ordered the 2024 LX4020HSDC with the 545 loader w/quick attach, MSL and medium duty front bucket, BH77 w/mech thumb, 60” MMM, 42” pallet forks, land pride 3pt quick hitch, R14 radial tires w/loaded rears and other options and “creature comforts” our budget would allow. Once we complete this process we want it to be our last. LOL, at least for the foreseeable future anyway.
I am to receive it sometime this week but I am still unsure about the MMM.
I would like to know if the 60” deck comes in different models and/or configurations and if so what model numbers I should be looking for. Based on everyone’s experiences, which MMM models (if more than one) should we avoid, which are the good ones and why. What should we be looking for and, should I consider the 72” drive over deck?
Despite ordering, I still have time to switch out the deck.
We currently mow approximately 4.5 to 5 acres out of our 9 acre field, our house sits basically in the center.
We’re very rural, cannot see the house from the main road, the driveway is gravel and approximately 750 to 800 feet. First 250’ to 300’ is uphill.
The property used to be a corn field and is by no means level, we’ve done quite a bit of work but still have a ways to go yet. A 60” deck mows surprisingly well without gouging, even at the outer edges.
If we don’t keep it mowed as far out away from the house as we do we end up with a surprising amount of critters trying to take up residence. Mostly mice.
We live on 50 acres and burn firewood for heat and cut and split it ourselves. No purchasing it here.

Attachments

Hemlock

Equipment
Aug 30, 2024
Vermont
We have an additional question, if the tractor “VIN” or serial number if you will, on the “2024” LX4020HSDC indicates that the tractor was manufactured in October of 2023, is it still sold as a 2024? If so, are there any tractors out there that have the “VIN” indicating that it was actually manufactured in 2024, not 2023?
if this is the case, are there any differences between the 2023 and 2024 model years, and are the differences significant or more for creature comforts/looks?
The “VIN” of the actual tractor that we are to receive, it currently sits in the dealership assembly shop.
The screenshot of the VIN decoder that has recently been released by the manufacturer as well as a shot of the actual label on the tractor of our most recent purchase is attached.

***DISCLOSURE*** I obtained the Kubota VIN decoding information sheet from a YouTube video recently posted by Messick’s Farm Equipment out of Mount Joy, PA.

Attachments

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, Ford 8N, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
Good day.

Sounds like a nice place you have.

I know this isn’t what you asked, but I wonder you are set on a MMM (vs a rear cutter or finish mower)? I have both and hands down a finish mower is a lot let hassle unless you have some maneuverability issues where running the machine. Just my opinion though.

For playing in and out of the woods I think rear mower would be a lot easier to take on and off as needed.

I am not sure this helps based on your post. 🥃

Hemlock

Equipment
Aug 30, 2024
Vermont
Good day.

I know this isn’t what you asked, but I wonder you are set on a MMM (vs a rear cutter or finish mower)? I have both and hands down a finish mower is a lot let hassle unless you have some maneuverability issues where running the machine. Just my opinion though.

For playing in and out of the woods I think rear mower would be a lot easier to take on and off as needed.

Good day.

That’s actually a very viable option, we definitely aren’t going to rule it out. If we are to go that route what brand and model 3 pt mounted mower would you suggest.
I’ve heard the rear discharge mowers do a nicer job.

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs
That’s actually a very viable option, we definitely aren’t going to rule it out. If we are to go that route what brand and model 3 pt mounted mower would you suggest.
I’ve heard the rear discharge mowers do a nicer job.
I had the same thought. Your picture shows mostly open area. My BIL has mowed his yard for over 30 years with a 5' rear discharge mower, recently bought a replacement. You definitely have the power to run a 6', but I don't know about scalping.