Adding auxiliary hydraulics to L245DT tractor

colejackson4

Equipment
L245DT
Jul 22, 2024
Vernal Utah
I’ve been looking at trying to get some rear remotes to my L245DT. My question is where can I tap into my existing system and where the return can or should go. On the left side down below the seat is some sort of hydraulic component with a plug in it that I’m wondering if I could connect there for the pressure side. And just in front of the seat on the top of the transmission is a little plug (the orange on in the picture) that I’m wondering if I could use as a return. I’ve read about splicing into the supply line from the pump or getting a tapped block that goes on what I believe is the component where the first plug I mentioned is but I’m not sure about any of this for my specific tractor and I’d hate to cut into any hydraulic line because I’m sure I’d ruin it. Just looking for advice from people who know.
IMG_1096.jpeg

Russell King

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
I will send you to another thread to help you out

Read through it and it should show how to hook into the hydraulics on your tractor.

The red plug on top of the transmission case is a return port to use to dump the tank return from the cylinders into. I think the threads may be damaged though. The original threads on my similar L185 for that similar port were BSPP straight threads that used a sealing washer. That red plug appears to be standard NPT that fit into the hole. There might be undamaged threads left to use a correct fitting. It probably won’t matter much either way since it will probably seal well enough since there is very little pressure on that tank return line.

The pressure take off seems to NOT be where you are circling at the blue plug. But the cover on top of that can be replaced with a machined block that will give you the access to the hydraulic fluid pressure and continue it on its way to the three point hitch.

Read the first post of this thread that describes the way a block is added to tap into the hydraulics on many older Kubota models. You do NOT have that but it would be in the metal tube that runs across the top of the transmission in your picture. Some L245 did have that block.

I will also ask @TheOldHokie to comment since he also sold that block for some time. He may have dimensions for your block also. For sure he can confirm where to tap into the hydraulic system on the tractor. It can be done by simply cutting into that metal line but I can understand the reluctance to do that.

Reactions: 1 user