Added Hand pump to oem zexel lift pump GL6060

kubotafreak

Equipment
GRAND l6060, L3560, B6100, gr2100, tg 1860, g1800, g1900, g2160
Sep 20, 2018
Arkansas, US
Just thought I would share a photo of the hand primer I added to my tractor. There is not a required need or drastic benefit, other than redundancy by adding one to a tractor with an electric lift pump. I have worked on many diesels that had a way to manually prime the system, also I had a few of the bosh parts on the shelf, so no real cost to myself. My opinion is the electric pump alone tends to be fairly weak to purge air from the system.

To add the hand primer(pump) find the inlet side of the engine mechanical lift pump. Most kubotas have multiple lift pumps. There will be ports plugged off with a plunger and spring underneath. Find the one most suited for your application, and remove the plug. Underneath you will find either a crush washer, or rubber face seal. Your choice on which type of seal to use/retain. I chose to remove the crush washer and use the rubber face seal. Leave the spring/plunger, and screw in the hand primer, and pump up the fuel system. You can do it with our without the electric pump running. It will take a few cycles, but you will find the hand pump will be capable of much higher pressure than the electric lift pump. I find this a benefit to the GL 60 series, as they can be hard to purge on filter changes. Let me know what you think.

IMG_8642.jpeg

Reactions: 1 user