Accessory Wiring, Max Amp draw?

MOlivin

Equipment
L6060
May 15, 2023
MO
Hi all,

I've got an L6060 Rops, behind the back right of the seat there are 2 accessory pigtails with constant power when the key is on. One is used for a 3rd function kit to power the solenoids (which I already have hooked up), I assume the other pigtail is for something similar.

Does anyone know how many amps can be drawn from the pigtails? I have a fan cooler that needs 12v with a max 8.2a draw. I'm not sure what the fuse rating is on these pigtails and I really didn't want to run a line all the way to the front of the tractor for power.

Thanks!

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
according to the manual at kubotabooks.com, there are 3 'power outlets' all fed from a common 10 amp fuse. I don't see just 'pigtails', though maybe I'm looking at the wrong diagram ( #5).

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Check the wire size first, and then check the draw of your other accessory. I would be inclined to pulling a 12 or 10 gauge wire to the rear of the tractor and fuse it from the beginning, and then break off of that wire for anything that you might want to use at the rear of the tractor with individual fuses in line with that appliance. .
For choice of wire, what I was taught 60+ years ago doesn't seen to apply today. (yes, I did google it). Please read this and determine for yourself which is the better choice for your application, stranded or solid wire. Way back then I was taught that the finner the wire strands, the more volts and amps it could carry. Not certain that is the case after reading this.

Last edited: