AC Condenser cleaning - LX series

Omar6000

Equipment
LX2610
Jun 14, 2024
Nova Scotia, Canada
Anyone have a good tip on a simple effective way to clean the AC Condenser on an lx2610? I removed and cleaned the screen, but the condenser is still pretty dirty and I can't seem to come up with a method.
Mike in Canada

jaxs

Equipment
B1750HST
Jun 22, 2023
Texas
Good on you for keeping it clean. It will extend life and increase efficiency of ac and engine.
I don't have step by step instructions for your specific tractor to offer but in general here's how I do it.
I bought a 2'wand with 60* bend at tip for my air hose. The bent tip allows getting into tight quarters. For the most part when possible I blow trash back out in the direction it came from. I home fabricated a similar wand for a water hose. 3k psi from pressure washer is enough to distort condenser and radiator fins but when I bought a pressure washer with adjustable pressure I bought a bent tip wand for it to use at low pressure. Be very cautious about using condenser cleaners sold for residential and commercial units. Many of those cleaners contain acid that etches aluminum to increase heat transfer,good in the hands of a pro but can spell disaster if one does'nt understand what they are doing. Laundry or dishwashing soap works fine and will not harm paint nor components.

Some recommend placing window screen out front but I strongly disagree and say window screen restricts airflow which can be detrimental.