6ft Titan land plane on BX2380

Crooked loader

Equipment
BX2380
Sep 7, 2022
Louisiana
I had purchased a 5ft land plane from a dealer about 7hrs from me. When I got there they brought me a 6ft. I brought this to their attention and they made a mistake putting it in on their website. He told me they didn't have a 5ft to give me but if I was good with the 6ft they were good at the same price. So I tried it out today on my driveway where it will be mostly used and it pulled it pretty good. I was pulling it with tractor running around 2500 rpm. The 3 point lift capacity is 680lbs at 24 inch & the land plane weighs 545lbs with shanks. My question is will I mess up the tractor if continue to use it or should I try to sell it or trade it for a 5ft?

Attachments

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
I would imagine wheel spin will be your worse problem. I do not think you will hurt the tractor.

You may bog down if you pull too much weight - you can control this easily however.

The fact that it is covering the wheel tracks is good - just take smaller bites and you should be fine.

Reactions: 2 users

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, Ford 8N, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
I had purchased a 5ft land plane from a dealer about 7hrs from me. When I got there they brought me a 6ft. I brought this to their attention and they made a mistake putting it in on their website. He told me they didn't have a 5ft to give me but if I was good with the 6ft they were good at the same price. So I tried it out today on my driveway where it will be mostly used and it pulled it pretty good. I was pulling it with tractor running around 2500 rpm. The 3 point lift capacity is 680lbs at 24 inch & the land plane weighs 545lbs with shanks. My question is will I mess up the tractor if continue to use it or should I try to sell it or trade it for a 5ft?
Typically machine runs out of traction first (wheels will just spin). Sounds like you are getting traction and able to use, correct?

If you can lift it (weight of implement under the spec and machine is lifting) and pull (getting traction to use efficiently) as intended, it’s it should be fine.

It might be a bit wide, but I suspect it will make pretty good rear ballast for you too while using the loader. Are you able to steer ok when on the back and lifted up? Be aware if you have hills if driving up…steering may get light if no loader on (maybe need to consider front ballast loader or weights and might have to back up a hill sometime)

Good luck.

Reactions: 1 user

Crooked loader

Equipment
BX2380
Sep 7, 2022
Louisiana
Typically machine runs out of traction first (wheels will just spin). Sounds like you are getting traction and able to use, correct?

If you can lift it (weight of implement under the spec and machine is lifting) and pull (getting traction to use efficiently) as intended, it’s it should be fine.

It might be a bit wide, but I suspect it will make pretty good rear ballast for you too while using the loader. Are you able to steer ok when on the back and lifted up? Be aware if you have hills if driving up…steering may get light if no loader on (maybe need to consider front ballast loader or weights and might have to back up a hill sometime)

Good luck.
I started to get a lil wheel spin after my 3rd pass so I bump it up a hair and it was all good. As for steering it is good and it's flat where I live.

Orangeglow

Equipment
2015 BX2370
Jun 19, 2014
Prescott, Ontario
When using my loader and weight box on the rear of my BX2370, I always bump up the air pressure in the front and back tires, and when I remove them, I release air pressuer back down to spec to get some suspension back. You might want to consider doing this as well, so you don,t damage your tires.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Won't hurt your tractor but you will not pull it through much.