6ft forward rotating tiller on a LX3310

Old Machinist

Equipment
Kubota LX3310 cab, JD 4310, NH 575E cab backhoe, JD F725, Swisher 60", etc.
May 27, 2024
NE FL
Trying out the 6ft forward rotating tiller on the LX3310 today. It handles it just fine. Ground has had pines removed and stumps dug out but still has some roots and wood buried. I loosened and spun the driveshaft clutch then set it back where it was before running it. It would lurch every now and then when it hit something but didn't find anything that caused a problem. It just kicks the hard objects out the rear and goes on. We are in a bit of a drought so the dust was very bad. You wouldn't want to do this today without a cab.

IMG_20241026_115506902_HDR.jpg

IMG_20241026_115518649_HDR.jpg

The tiller was set up to use behind my JD4310 with a quick hitch so I didn't want to try it on the Kubota until I got a quick hitch on it. Didn't want to cut the driveshaft.

The tiller is a Country Way from Rural King. I don't recommend either but it works. Took a lot of setup as delivered and the top gearbox leaks into the side gearbox. Every time I go to use it I just drain the side gearbox down to level and top of the top one.

Reactions: 2 users

Mitjam

Equipment
M-108, M6-111, Lx3520, Rtv-520 and LandPride implements
Jan 14, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Trying out the 6ft forward rotating tiller on the LX3310 today. It handles it just fine. Ground has had pines removed and stumps dug out but still has some roots and wood buried. I loosened and spun the driveshaft clutch then set it back where it was before running it. It would lurch every now and then when it hit something but didn't find anything that caused a problem. It just kicks the hard objects out the rear and goes on. We are in a bit of a drought so the dust was very bad. You wouldn't want to do this today without a cab.

View attachment 140567

View attachment 140568

The tiller was set up to use behind my JD4310 with a quick hitch so I didn't want to try it on the Kubota until I got a quick hitch on it. Didn't want to cut the driveshaft.

The tiller is a Country Way from Rural King. I don't recommend either but it works. Took a lot of setup as delivered and the top gearbox leaks into the side gearbox. Every time I go to use it I just drain the side gearbox down to level and top of the top one.
I have a 6ft on my lx3520 the 6ft was about 1200 cheaper than a 60 inch 🤷‍♂️ also they couldn’t even get a 60 inch till about December. I bought it thinking it would be way too much and would just sell it in the spring and go smaller. Well I know it depends on the ground and speed. But being forward rotation helps move you along. I have broken up grass for the neighbour no problem and tilled a ton with it. The pto power on the lx still surprises me for the size

Reactions: 1 user