60" deck banging and "Stopper" adjustment

farmerdad46

Equipment
Bx2380
Jun 12, 2024
USA
I have a question about setting the top-level of the 60" mower deck on my BX2380. I'm trying to prevent the mower deck from banging on the frame while it's in the "TOP" position while I drive. I have adjusted the height of the mower deck to match the height settings on the height control dial using the mower deck adjustment screws. Now that I have done that, the mower deck bangs and makes a lot of noise as I drive while it is in the "top" position.

I have tried to adjust the mower deck side links as per the manual to ensure the deck is at the proper height. On my BX2380, the "Stopper" (item 3 in Figure B in the attached image) is supposed to be level with the top of the rear link. On my mower, the rear link is quite a bit above this piece of metal. If I try to lower the link down using bolt 1 in Figure A, I can no longer set the dial to the "TOP" position. It is hard to tell, but it looks like it's almost 1" above this stopper. It does not hit the stopper in any way. Is the manual incorrect with this adjustment? Either I have to lower the deck down and make it level with the stopper (I'm not even sure I have enough adjustment to accomplish that), but then the "TOP" setting will no longer work, or I have the "TOP" setting on the deck height dial working. The measurement of the stopper and the rear link is way off.

To prevent the deck from banging, I'm going to try to add a rubber adhesive pad to the frame where the metal from the deck hits the frame. Any other suggestions for the deck banging issue as well as this adjustment with the stopper would be very helpful!

Attachments

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Since you asked for a suggestion and since you listed your location as being in the USA my suggestion would be to take the machine with the deck to one of the more than 1100 Kubota dealers in the USA. I am certain that if the one that you take it to can't resolve your problem that you only need to try the next 1099 Kubota dealers in the USA. Good luck with resolving your problem without the help of one of those 1100 dealers that have factory trained mechanics that deal with these sort of problems every day. Most dealership labor rates usually start about $125 per hour and depending on where in the USA you are located, they can go up or down from that figure. Glad to be of assistance to you. Have a great Kubota day.

farmerdad46

Equipment
Bx2380
Jun 12, 2024
USA
Since you asked for a suggestion and since you listed your location as being in the USA my suggestion would be to take the machine with the deck to one of the more than 1100 Kubota dealers in the USA. I am certain that if the one that you take it to can't resolve your problem that you only need to try the next 1099 Kubota dealers in the USA. Good luck with resolving your problem without the help of one of those 1100 dealers that have factory trained mechanics that deal with these sort of problems every day. Most dealership labor rates usually start about $125 per hour and depending on where in the USA you are located, they can go up or down from that figure. Glad to be of assistance to you. Have a great Kubota day.
It's a brand new tractor with 20 hours. I'll give my dealer a call tomorrow. I don't want to pay a pickup and delivery fee to find out if this is normal though. Can anyone else verify the arm and the stopper alignment on their bx2380?

Last edited: