3rd function blowing seals when not in use

Justincolt1989

Equipment
MX5400
Aug 11, 2024
Louisiana
Any info would be appreciated or if someone has similar occurrences I have a third function on a mx5400 that was installed by the dealer was mowing yesterday not doing anything with loader and it blew the seals at the o ring base of the outlets for the grapple no grapple was connected at the time when it blew seals it started blowing oil everywhere needless say I had several mile drive back to trailer and lost almost all the hydraulic fluid in that trip if it tells u how bad it was leaking but I have been back and forth with landpride they warrantied the valve block and that made no difference what I can’t understand why pressure would be getting to those outlets with the power turned off too the 3rd function

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Any info would be appreciated or if someone has similar occurrences I have a third function on a mx5400 that was installed by the dealer was mowing yesterday not doing anything with loader and it blew the seals at the o ring base of the outlets for the grapple no grapple was connected at the time when it blew seals it started blowing oil everywhere needless say I had several mile drive back to trailer and lost almost all the hydraulic fluid in that trip if it tells u how bad it was leaking but I have been back and forth with landpride they warrantied the valve block and that made no difference what I can’t understand why pressure would be getting to those outlets with the power turned off too the 3rd function
Stuck spool or solenoid or short circuit in the control wiring.

Dan

Sidekick

Equipment
Kioti CK2620SE cab, RTV-X, BX3260, Z726XKW-3-60, Deere 4100
Jul 29, 2023
N.Y,
The use of a grapple can triple the hydraulic pressure in those lines and valves if the tractor pushes against the lid or off center load. Could have damaged the valve and when unhooked started leaking. Messicks has a good video about how easy it is to damage an hydraulic system with a grapple.