3 Point Behavior

amschind

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota M6800
Sep 30, 2024
Texas
The answer may be that I need to just search the forums, but at this point I need help with where to start. I recently fixed the hydraulics on my M6800 by simply replacing the fluid and filters (just got tractor home, fluid was nasty and filters were clogged with remnants of a brake job done by tractor guy). 3 point lift PTO hydraulic line and power steering all work great now, so I decided to test by attaching my new t post driver and trying that out. It attaches to the 3 point, so we put a 6' t post in and engaged the cylinder. When we did so, the 3 point arms lifted as the t post sat on the dirt under the influence of the extending post driver hydraulic cylinder. The guy I was with has a n M6800 and had noted some issues with draft control before, and consulting the manual we tried to determine where the "lock" position is for the arm lift and draft control levers. We didn't enjoy any success, so we moved on to installing loader brackets.

Later, I played with it and found that while i cannot press the drawbar down, I CAN lift the arms/drawbar up quite easily. I am not sure if this is another issue that needs addressed or simply my lack of understanding of how to set up the lift and draft control levers to keep the arms in place. I am sure this has come up before, but I wanted to get headed in the vaguely correct direction before I start hunting.

Grandad4

Equipment
1949 Farmall M, previously owned: L 4610, BX 2230
Apr 5, 2016
Greensboro, NC
Having the arms float upward freely is normal for 3 point setups without the draft control engaged. Any attachment other than a tillage implement - a bush hog, for example - needs to ride up when crossing uneven ground.

You need an operator's manual and a shop manual !