2007 L3130 Hydraulic oil change

KOONDAWG

Equipment
L3130, FEL, POST HOLE DIGGER, TILLER, DISC HARROW, BUSH HOG MOWER, FINISHING MOW
Jan 14, 2015
shiloh ga
Changed hydraulic filters and fluid today. Put 10 gallons fluid in (takes a little over 11 to fill) checked to see if it was touching the dipstick yet and it showed about 1/4" above full. I drained all 4 plugs and replaced filters so it should have been empty.
went to the front plug (the one with the split pin), loosened it and removed it and no fluid came out.

i dont want to run it, thinking the forward compartment may not have fluid in
it

Any ideas???

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Changed hydraulic filters and fluid today. Put 10 gallons fluid in (takes a little over 11 to fill) checked to see if it was touching the dipstick yet and it showed about 1/4" above full. I drained all 4 plugs and replaced filters so it should have been empty.
went to the front plug (the one with the split pin), loosened it and removed it and no fluid came out.

i dont want to run it, thinking the forward compartment may not have fluid in
it

Any ideas???
You cant possibly get it empty and nothing should come out of that plug.

Drain enough to get the level to the full mark on the dipstick. Start and run it for a while then check and add if needed.

Dan

KOONDAWG

Equipment
L3130, FEL, POST HOLE DIGGER, TILLER, DISC HARROW, BUSH HOG MOWER, FINISHING MOW
Jan 14, 2015
shiloh ga
You cant possibly get it empty and nothing should come out of that plug.

Drain enough to get the level to the full mark on the dipstick. Start and run it for a while then check and add if needed.

Dan
Dan I really appreciate your response. What puzzled me was when i opened the 4 plugs fluid came out of that one as well. Will drain from the rear plug and give it a try.

Thanks again