2007 Gr2100 Diesel Tractor Foot Pedal Clattering Noise/Vibration

KRK1

Equipment
2007 Kubota GR2100
Aug 14, 2024
Horseheads, NY
Hello, I am the owner of the titled tractor purchased new in 2007. The tractor has just over 600 hours on it and has been a very good machine used solely for mowing my 2 acre lot.

Since brand new, there has been a clattering noise that can be heard and vibration that goes along with noise when the accelerator pedal is pushed down to a higher speed position. Slow speeds the described is not there. As mentioned, the tractor has done this since it was new however, I have noticed that the sound and vibration seem to be getting louder and more noticeable over time and has increased quite a bit from last year through this years mowing season. The clattering is a metalic sound that I cannot pin point where it is coming from and, the vibration is felt through the accelerator foot pedal only....and as stated only occurs when the pedal is pushed down to higher speed; not all the way down either. Just as the pedal approaches a higher speed the clattering begins followed by and including the vibration in the pedal. The further down the pedal is compressed once the sound begins, the louder the sound gets and the more noticeable the vibration becomes along with the sound. My lot is not flat with varying grades and the described situation does appear to be worse when the load is increased when going uphill as opposed to flat surface or downhill. However, it does it on flat and down grades as well, it just accepts more pedal compression before it starts.

Please note: the tractor has been well maintained with fuel filter, oil changes plus filter at the end of each season since new as well as the time prescribed changes to to hydrostatic fluid. I recently changed the hydrostatic fluid and filter as well as removed the strainer from the transmission to check and clean and there were no metal filings present in the strainer. The fluid looked clear and the transmission is working fine.

Has anyone experienced the above described noise and foot pedal vibration with their GR2100 and know what to look for and/or adjust? Or is something getting ready to fail? As mentioned above, the sound and vibration have been there since brand new only it has become progressively more noticeable since last year into this mowing season.

Any information appreciated and thank you!!