2004 Kubota M9000 Hydraulic Issue

Steven Sykes

Equipment
2004 M9000 Kubota Tractor
Jul 3, 2024
Deming, NM
I had something that hit the hydraulic pump on my tractor. It caused the pump to stop working. I replaced the pump and the hydraulics were working, until I hit the button on my third function joystick. Then everything stopped working again. I did find a few small metal shavings in the hydraulic filter. Some are saying it was a "Cheap" pump. Some are saying could have been too much pressure on a "cheap" pump. Some are saying could have been a metal shaving that damaged the new pump. Could really use some good advice on this. Thank you.
Steven

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
I had something that hit the hydraulic pump on my tractor. It caused the pump to stop working. I replaced the pump and the hydraulics were working, until I hit the button on my third function joystick. Then everything stopped working again. I did find a few small metal shavings in the hydraulic filter. Some are saying it was a "Cheap" pump. Some are saying could have been too much pressure on a "cheap" pump. Some are saying could have been a metal shaving that damaged the new pump. Could really use some good advice on this. Thank you.
Steven
Since you are asking for wild guesses my WAG is the third function spool is hung up on some trash left in the system and is blocking the pump (neutral) circuit.

Does the loader bucket will still curl and dump? Have you checked for flow and pressure at the loader valve inlet?

Dan

Steven Sykes

Equipment
2004 M9000 Kubota Tractor
Jul 3, 2024
Deming, NM
Since you are asking for wild guesses my WAG is the third function spool is hung up on some trash left in the system and is blocking the pump (neutral) circuit.

Does the loader bucket will still curl and dump? Have you checked for flow and pressure at the loader valve inlet?

Dan
No. When I hit the button on the third function, it was not attached to the grapple bucket. When I hit the button, everything hydraulic stopped working. No movement in the bucket or the back.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
No. When I hit the button on the third function, it was not attached to the grapple bucket. When I hit the button, everything hydraulic stopped working. No movement in the bucket or the back.
When you hit the button with nothing attached you immediatly block the pump circuit and cut off all pump flow until that valve returns to neutral. Like I said - I think your 3rd function valve is stuck.

Dan

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
How do I return the valve to neutral an get it unstuck?

Steven
First you need to confirm it is stuck. If it is stuck it could be as simple as a bad pushbutton switch. Try pulling the fuse or unplugging the harness to see what that does if annything.

I have no idea what third function you have on the tractor and you really have not done any real troubleshooting of the hydraulic system so this is purely speculstive.

Do you know where the 3rd functuon valve is located and is it an aftermarket addon or OEM? Cab or open station tractor? Any rear remote valves ?

Dan