1994 B7100HST D- Rear Control Valve Assembly- Reassembly issue

Ahhh4cryinoutloudshebroke

Equipment
B7100 HST D 1994
Jul 6, 2024
NB
Hello, anyone know what I did wrong when I reinstalled new parts for rear control lever & arm valve guide et al on 1994 B7100 HST D…Initial problem was broken bolt inside value cover caused rear hydraulic control arm to seize/stuck” so unable to activate 3 pt hitch. Bought & replaced new parts but I think when reinstalling the control valve assembly I must not have had the control arm, arm valve guide and or pin/spring on the spool positioned correctly because now upon startup the rear 3 point it automatically goes up and stays up causing the pump to howl..The lever control arm has no movement backwards ..just moves forward or straight up and movement of arm forward has no effect on rear 3 point hitch which stays all the ways up. The only way to get the rear 3 point arms to lower is to shut off the tractor. I’m thinking I have to reposition the arm value guide differently by moving the control arm in a certain position as I start the reinstall. Anyone out there that knows the proper positioning of the lever control arm/control valve guide onto that pin/spring and spool ? Should I have reinstalled with lever control arm in full forward position or full back position instead of straight up? Clearly the reinstall I did has caused the activation of the “lift” with no ability to shut it off (neutral lever control middle position)or lower

Attachments

Equipment
B7100 HST D 1994
Jul 6, 2024
NB
Is the position control feed back rod connected? If so, is it adjusted correctly?
Hi Russel thanks for reply.
Haven’t had that connector rod on the tractor, previous owner removed same years ago. Thinking must be something else internal.
Did you use the WSM to help with reassembly?

WSM, just got one thank you.

Attachments

Last edited:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Hi Russel thanks for reply.
Haven’t had that connector rod on the tractor, previous owner removed same years ago. Thinking must be something else internal.

WSM, just got one thank you.
Just to clarify, those pic you posted are not from the WSM they are from a parts manual.
The WSM is the service manual.

Equipment
B7100 HST D 1994
Jul 6, 2024
NB
Roger that sir, thanks. After several attempts I finally figured out the sequence to reassembling the Control Valve group so that the Arm Valve Guide seated over the Spool/pin spring and it STAYED seated during the reassembly process. Apparently my first three or so reassembles by the time I got the valve cover tightened up that spool pin spring would twist around /down & out of the “jaws” of that Arm Valve Guide..and that meant each time I started the tractor the spool and piston would get sucked -in causing the 3 point to lift up upon start up and not drop until I shut it off. Once I finally got that spool pin to stay in the arm valve guide during the reassembly the tractor’s 3 point hydraulics was working fine. I will change the hydraulic fluids before using the tractor to ensure any dirt that may have entered the valve assembly is flushed out. So in closing…it appears old age caused the internal bolt and tongue washer to snap initially and it was a slow learning curve for me to troubleshoot why each re-assembly was failing to fix the problem…until I discovered that spool spring pin was always spinning out of the guide as I screwed on the cover. Thanks to all. Problem solved .

Reactions: 1 user