1984 B8200E Fluid Changes

phildac

Equipment
1984 B8200E, L260F
Jul 29, 2009
Wentzville, MO
Hi All,

What is the recommended engine and gear fluid on a B8200E?

I need/want to change them both. Conventional vs Synthetic?

SAE 30HD or 10w/30 for engine?
No idea for trans/gears.:confused:

This is a standard trans. not hydro.

Thank you,
Phil

Theekillerbee

Jun 28, 2009
Pleasant View UT, USA
The recommended engine oil viscosity it 10W-30 (get the heavy duty tractor stuff). That applies to all temperature ranges. I personally have made the switch to synthetic oil, and have been pleased thus far. It has better lubricity, and doesn't break down like conventional dinosaur juice can over time. The final thing that convinced me to switch was that my VW TDI needs conventional oil changes at 5,000 miles, but if you use synthetic, they recommend 10,000 mile intervals.

Front wheel and differential lube is SAE 80W-90. I personally use the synthetic blend here. Also remember there are 3 places in the front end to change oil. The diff, and on each wheel assembly. You have to drain and add to each one. The diff takes 2.1 US quarts, and each front axle gear case hold about 0.5.

Tranny/hydraulic fluid is Kubota UDT or equivalent, approx 19 US quarts. Remember Kubota does not make oil, someone else makes it for them. So you can get any quality (Penzoil, Shell, Texaco, etc) that specifies UDT and it will be just fine, plus you will save some cash.

I happen to have an extra manual I'd let go for 10 bucks plus postage if you are interested. It's in used, but good condition.

Theekillerbee

Jun 28, 2009
Pleasant View UT, USA
It's a genuine Kubota owners manual for the B8200. I have the HST and have no need for the manual, however from what I have seen there is no difference in what is printed in the manual for the HST vs the manual.

phildac

Equipment
1984 B8200E, L260F
Jul 29, 2009
Wentzville, MO
Well, I changed the oil and used Castrol SAE30 HD and a WIX 15334 filter also changed the Trans/Hydro fluid using Kubota UDT equiv from TSC and cleaned the hydro filter.