1970's 2wd John Deere 1530 Pricing help

biketopia

Equipment
B2650, RK 60" BB, 42" tiller, 72" LP FM, Forks, Grapple, FEL
Feb 15, 2024
Warrenton VA
Little backstory, when we bought our property the previous owners daughter wanted us to have the John Deere 1530 that was in the barn because her dad was dying of cancer and they had no need for it. Well he pulled through just fine about 3 weeks after closing and thanked us for letting him store it there while he was in treatment and moved it to his 26 acres behind the 5 he sold us. Oh well, it was too much tractor for the 5 acres anyways and it gave me opportunity to get a Kubota.

Fast forward two years and the old man passed away and the daughter reached back out and told us she still wanted us to have the tractor. So I helped her uncle get it fired up and drove it back across the fence and tossed a tarp on it, and there it has sat for over a year. At this point instead of just holding onto it letting it sit, I'd like to sell it. I ran into a gentleman over the weekend on our local farm tour who is looking for a tractor. So I'm kinda of trying to judge an asking price. I'll get some pictures when the rain lets up. From my online digging it is a 50hp tractor, 45hp PTO, German Made, 2wd, non ROPS, has FEL with bucket and a set of pin on forks, also has a 6' brush hog rotary cutter. I've seen on or two online in the $8,000 range with no loader or cutter, but cosmetically much nicer. What do you all think would be a reasonable asking price?

Reactions: 1 user

hedgerow

Jan 2, 2015
Malcolm NE
Little backstory, when we bought our property the previous owners daughter wanted us to have the John Deere 1530 that was in the barn because her dad was dying of cancer and they had no need for it. Well he pulled through just fine about 3 weeks after closing and thanked us for letting him store it there while he was in treatment and moved it to his 26 acres behind the 5 he sold us. Oh well, it was too much tractor for the 5 acres anyways and it gave me opportunity to get a Kubota.

Fast forward two years and the old man passed away and the daughter reached back out and told us she still wanted us to have the tractor. So I helped her uncle get it fired up and drove it back across the fence and tossed a tarp on it, and there it has sat for over a year. At this point instead of just holding onto it letting it sit, I'd like to sell it. I ran into a gentleman over the weekend on our local farm tour who is looking for a tractor. So I'm kinda of trying to judge an asking price. I'll get some pictures when the rain lets up. From my online digging it is a 50hp tractor, 45hp PTO, German Made, 2wd, non ROPS, has FEL with bucket and a set of pin on forks, also has a 6' brush hog rotary cutter. I've seen on or two online in the $8,000 range with no loader or cutter, but cosmetically much nicer. What do you all think would be a reasonable asking price?
My advice to look more at online resources Machinery Pete, Tractor House, Auction Time, Big Iron, Craigslist, Facebook Market place. You are going to have to judge the condition of the tractor and equipment. Condition of a 50 year old plus or minus tractor can vary a lot. Tractor doesn't sound like its been a garage queen.

Reactions: 1 user

biketopia

Equipment
B2650, RK 60" BB, 42" tiller, 72" LP FM, Forks, Grapple, FEL
Feb 15, 2024
Warrenton VA
You might want to state the location, number of hours, and the transmission type. Good Luck.
Located in Fauquier County VA, hours will have to look, gear trans

My advice to look more at online resources Machinery Pete, Tractor House, Auction Time, Big Iron, Craigslist, Facebook Market place. You are going to have to judge the condition of the tractor and equipment. Condition of a 50 year old plus or minus tractor can vary a lot. Tractor doesn't sound like its been a garage queen.
It's definitely not a garage queen, she's been used hard but still does tractor things. I was poking around on Machinery Pete and Big Iron and found a few that have sold recently in the 5-8k range. I texted the guy I met over the weekend to let him know the size of tractor and see if he was even interested in something that size. If he's no longer interested I'll have to spend some time cleaning it up and getting pictures to post it up.