Finally! B7100 Grill Guard

Kubota Christian

Equipment
B7100 HST 4WD
Jun 7, 2017
OH-IO
Well with the help of John at Earth + Turf Attachments I have finally got pics of a completed B7100 grill guard. This was a long time coming as most of these (maybe all?) never had a factory grill guard. I would say 80% of the pics on the internet have no grill net (black box) let alone an actual grill guard. I'm grateful for someone who would hear me out and help me get what I need for my tractor both functionally and cosmetically. Had to block mine out with a 4x4 but John says he may start making a universal model for older Kubota's. God bless. Oh one last thing, this grill guard has holes for tying it down on a trailer AND it has a hitch receiver built into the bottom part of the unit. Super heavy duty steel.

Attachments

Lencho

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B7100hst
Jan 21, 2017
NM
Hey pastor - your rig is looking good!
I think you are right about the lack of grill guards on B7100s. The black perforated screen helps keep out chaff when mowing so good job replacing yours.
If you have a FEL that prevents most direct hits from the front. What do you think caused the demise of your original screen?

Attachments

Kubota Christian

Equipment
B7100 HST 4WD
Jun 7, 2017
OH-IO
Hi Lencho,
You know I never asked when I bought it from its previous owner. I assume they just ran into something because I've got a few good dents on my hood around the headlights that I just painted over. Thanks for the kind words though and you've got a great looking tractor too. Your tires look they would grip onto everything! And I really wish I did have an FEL but for a suburbs guy just getting his feet wet, I'm happy with it. Never dreamed you could have this much fun with a tractor!

Attachments

Last edited:

Lencho

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B7100hst
Jan 21, 2017
NM
These are great little tractors and I have really learned a lot from the OTT forum. Mine had turf tires from the factory and I have replaced them because I like to move dirt.:D
Is your block from frame to grill guard a block of wood?
Since I got a tractor I am looking at welders - you?

mogyver

Equipment
B7100D
Jul 21, 2017
Stowe, VT
Hi fellow B7100'r
I like the look of the guard!
Can you still tilt the hood with it attached?
It looks like if you swapped the bolts with the pins, or rotate it 180 degrees, it would tilt forward too??
- Kirk

chim

Equipment
L4240HSTC with FEL, Ford 1210
Jan 19, 2013
Near Lancaster, PA, USA
Hi fellow B7100'r
...................................It looks like if you swapped the bolts with the pins, or rotate it 180 degrees, it would tilt forward too??
- Kirk
Looks like he'd have to do both so it would work. Nice sturdy guard.