Loader won't uncurl - control valve problem LA504

severtki

Equipment
B3300SU
May 28, 2015
Potsdam, NY
Hi everyone,
I've read extensively all the threads I could find on this forum regarding control valve problems and feel I have a decent idea about these things, but looking for a few words of wisdom before I crack mine open to try to fix...

The problem: I can't uncurl the bucket on my Kubota B3300SU (loader is LA504). On the two-spool control valve, the uncurl action (which presses the spool INTO the valve) appears to be physically blocked -- the spool will move freely out of the valve, but will not depress into it.

The problem occurred this winter while dumping snow from the bucket -- I guess the quick "flicks" I was doing were not good for it... oops.

A couple questions:
1) I can't ID the mfg. of the valve (no tag on it to identify). Part #, based on parts diagram, is YW545-00100 or -00102 (depending on serial #). Pictures are attached. There is a sticker with "545" on it.

Does this look like one of the infamous Husco valves (that Butch is an expert on)?

2) Does this problem sound like something I could perhaps fix by disassembling the valve? There are some replacement parts for this valve on the parts diagram (each spool has about 20 small pieces to it, and they all come as part of a kit).

Suggestions are welcome. Replacement cost for entire valve is over $1000, so definitely looking to repair myself if possible...
Thanks in advance!
Kirk

Attachments

Shadow

May 18, 2015
Somewhere
Take the spool out of the bottom and check to make sure the detent ball, spring, and collar isn't corroded up. Typically, that's what it is. You can try to clean them up the best you can, but more than likely, they will just corrode again.

severtki

Equipment
B3300SU
May 28, 2015
Potsdam, NY
Belated reply -- as I haven't made any progress on this issue:
Removing the lower cap on the affected valve, all I can see is a spring, well-lubricated, without any sign of corrosion. I don't seem to be able to remove it, however, and even with the lower cap off, I cannot use the joystick to depress the valve spool into the valve body (I can use the joystick to lift the valve spool out of the body, however). It appears to be physically blocked somewhere internally.

Anyone with experience removing this valve unit from the tractor, and doing bench disassembly on it? I'm concerned that I won't be able to disassemble due to whatever is physically stuck inside, and instead of simply purchasing the new valve kit for that spool, I'll have to buy a new $1070 part. Any advice or suggestions are welcome, please!

melb

Equipment
B3200
Jul 17, 2015
trail bc
Same problem here exactly. Kubota B3200 with LA504 FEL. I am going to pull the loader control valve and see what I can see.
Yes I did same with with mine shaking the bucket for both snow and horse poo.

melb

Equipment
B3200
Jul 17, 2015
trail bc
Got it apart. The main valve body of the raise/lower side slides right out. The valve body of the curl/uncurl is stuck in there pretty good. Taking it to hydraulics place on Monday.
Oddly the raise lower side had the end plunger from (40) above whereas the curl uncurl side did not! No load check valve that is.

melb

Equipment
B3200
Jul 17, 2015
trail bc
Found the end valve of (40) above or part of it inside the valve body with the stem broken off. Nice! The spool has a few nicks in it. Hoping the machine shop can fix it. Anyone ever seen this?
Picture of valve with stem broken off next to "normal valve" with stem.

Attachments

Shadow

May 18, 2015
Somewhere
That's just a load check. Should be able to polish that spool with really fine emory cloth and be back in business, providing there's no damage in the valve body or the spool isnt gouged too deep

TedF

Equipment
B3300 su
Jul 21, 2015
Schoolcraft Mi USA
I have a B3300 and I just had the same problem tonight I pulled the valve body and found this same small stem valve broken. I was very happy to find both pieces. melb- were you able to find a replacement valve? If so do you have a part number. My spool valve was scratched as well I hope I can get it out with emery cloth

TedF

Equipment
B3300 su
Jul 21, 2015
Schoolcraft Mi USA
[/URL][/IMG]

Because I beat the valve out the top the spool valves damaged the Top seal I had to order the new seal for $80.00 (I'm not happy about paying $80.00 for a seal!!!!) I will keep you posted to see if this work pays off. Hopefully seal and valve show up next week

severtki

Equipment
B3300SU
May 28, 2015
Potsdam, NY
Great work and nice pictures for others to reference, TedF -- let us know how it turned out for you!

As for me, I bit the bullet and had the dealer look at it. They said there was too much scoring in the valve to be able to rebuild, so they had to order a new valve ($1200). Though my tractor was out of warranty, it has so few hours and was otherwise in such good condition that the service manager worked it out with Kubota to complete it under an "adjusted" warranty!!

A shout-out to Snell Equipment in Potsdam, NY, for going the extra mile and taking care of this satisfied customer! Can you guess where I plan to buy my next machine from?? :)

Kirk

Brock

Jan 31, 2017
Kansas
I have a B3300 and I just had the same problem tonight I pulled the valve body and found this same small stem valve broken. I was very happy to find both pieces. melb- were you able to find a replacement valve? If so do you have a part number. My spool valve was scratched as well I hope I can get it out with emery cloth
looks like common problem, what did you all end up doing, I've got mine in pieced, doesn't look like it should be hard to get, so why is is that Kubota says replacement only ???? who makes it < Husco ?? not sure, can I get from factory ?
thanks
please feel free to PM, mbrock1937@yahoo.com

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
Have seen after warranty adjustments in my line of work a few times. Its great when dealer steps up to bat for customer.
And another good "how to" tutorial.

Brock

Jan 31, 2017
Kansas
Found the end valve of (40) above or part of it inside the valve body with the stem broken off. Nice! The spool has a few nicks in it. Hoping the machine shop can fix it. Anyone ever seen this?
Picture of valve with stem broken off next to "normal valve" with stem.
seen it twice, one I never found the piece at all, must be floating back and forth behind one of the bucket cylinders ? hope it stays there, anyone have the part number for this valve, my serial number on my B3200 is 54514

NWhite04076

Equipment
su3300 hst
Feb 28, 2017
Shapleigh, Maine
I'm having this same exact problem. Got the valve out and apart last night and the spool was beat up a little bit more than I like. Did anyone end up finding where to get a deal on a replacement valve? This is on my father's tractor with only 206 hours on it but he's had it 3.5 years so the odds of beating up the dealer enough to get much of a deal are probably slim. I'm a machinist/half-a$$ engineer and the thought of using that tiny little pin as a detent boils my blood, for anyone to think that would ever hold up to real world abuse is pathetic....
Not to mention I was lucky enough for it to break while I was borrowing my Dad's tractor to plow snow in my driveway while he was on vacation in Daytona HAHAHA