Go Back   OrangeTractorTalks - Everything Kubota > Kubota Talk > Tractor Operating

Tractor Operating Wondering what that strange lever does, how to safely hill climb or get into 4WD? Discover and share how to get the most out of your tractor.

Old 12-23-2013, 11:41 AM   #1
hy8ytjh98

Equipment: BX1870 with BX2750D snow blower, LA203A loader
Default BX2751 Quick Hitch with Snowblower question

Hi. New to the forum. Just got a new BX1870. Also got the LA203A loader and the BX2750D snow blower. The blower is connected to the tractor with the BX2751 Quick Hitch. In the owners's manual for the quick hitch, it says (in 3 different places): "IMPORTANT: To avoid damage to the drive kit components, do not raise or lower the snowblower while blowing snow. Always make this operation when the snowblower is not blowing".

Can I assume that this just means not to do it when the blower is under a load (i.e. snow is actively being blown)...I am assuming it does not mean that I am supposed to actually turn off the PTO to raise or lower the blower with the hydraulics? I am sure that is what they mean, but would love to have some reassurance.

Thank you in advance.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BX1870.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	19.8 KB
ID:	9633  
hy8ytjh98 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links  
Advertisement
Old 12-23-2013, 03:13 PM   #2
rayc
1st Yr. Apprentice

Equipment: kubota L4310 hstc
Default Re: BX2751 Quick Hitch with Snowblower question

If you can't lift your blower while it is blowing snow you are n trouble. It must be a miss print???
rayc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 05:37 PM   #3
PrairieSoul
1st Yr. Apprentice

Equipment: B2920 BX2755HD LA364FL BH65

I have a different quick hitch kit, B2733A and it does have a similar warning.

"In order to avoid damaging the driveline kit components, do not raise or lower the snowblower while blowing snow. This should only be done when the snowblower is idle."

I work on fairly rough trails and even when it is in the float mode I occasionally lift the blower up while it is blowing snow, always when I reverse, usually at full rpm. Actually when it is in the float mode it is moving up and down all the time. So far no harm.

I do follow one of the rules closely

" Do not operate equipment in wintertime without wearing adequate winter garments."

Last edited by PrairieSoul; 12-23-2013 at 05:40 PM. Reason: grammar
PrairieSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 11:08 AM   #4
ipz2222
Journeyman

Equipment: L235, bx2670

This usually means that there may be too much of an angle at the pto shaft or the shaft will hit one of the bracketts. You can slowly raise the blower with it off and watch for these things. One of my bush hogs will rub if I lift it all the way with it spinning.
ipz2222 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 02:24 PM   #5
Kurtee
1st Yr. Apprentice

Equipment: BX2660

If I understand correctly it says when blowing snow, not machine running. By this I would say that what they are referring to is the load on the drive shaft. When a drive shaft is pulling a load and the machine is lifted or lowered the loaded shaft binds when needing to change length. When this happens the shaft pushes or pulls the shaft causing side load on the bearings. I know of instances on full size tractors where it has pulled the PTO out of the housing on the tractor. This could occur on the small tractors as well. Let the blower clean out when lifting or lowering although I believe a small tweek to contact the surface being cleaned is OK. Just use common sense.

KURTEE
Kurtee is offline   Reply With Quote