Upgrading L175

Darren954

Equipment
L175
Feb 22, 2019
Utah
Hey everyone i just got my first tractor, kubota l175. It looks like it was a super base model? No PTO, or hydraulics. So im looking to add them as the tractor i bought is extremely clean. So my question i guess is what parts do i need to get to upgrade it. And how do i go about installing it?
The guy i bought it from had bought the pto output shaft but i feel that there are some other internal parts missing, i went to install it this afternoon but it wouldn't slide into the housing, and the pto range selector doesn't feel like it is attached to anything inside.
Thanks,

Attachments

In Utopia

Equipment
L175 FEL
Apr 21, 2013
Utopia,Tx/Pasadena,TX
You already have hydraulics because you have a 3 point lift.
Apparently you have the wrong PTO output shaft.
I don't use the PTO on my L175, so I can't tell you about how it should feel, but without a shaft it seems like you wouldn't feel any resistance.
There is no upgrade to what you have.
Also it's a 2 speed PTO.
Maybe someone else can chime in and help you more than I can.

Attachments

Darren954

Equipment
L175
Feb 22, 2019
Utah
Thanks for the help, that is a relief about the hydraulics. I will have to go fiddle around with the the settings on it.

Darren954

Equipment
L175
Feb 22, 2019
Utah
Alright so i went out to fiddle with the 3 point lift and it isn't doing anything, unless I'm doing something wrong which is definitely possible. This is what i think is supposed to control the up and down and the speed right?
Could the filter screen i have read about be plugged? Does mine have one? There isn't a pickup tube as far as i know, there is just a cover where it should be?

Attachments

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
WOW it appears that someone has gutted that tractor, I'm not seeing any of what should be on it.

The PTO and Hydraulics were stock, not optional add ons.

I don't see any hydraulic lines.
Post a picture of the right side of the engine.
Infact post as many angles as you can of it.

Go to Kubotabooks.com under tractors owners manuals and download the WSM (aka service manual) that will help you a ton.

Then when trying to figure out parts go to: https://apps.kubotausa.com/illustrated-parts/

The hydraulic system:

Attachments

Last edited:

Darren954

Equipment
L175
Feb 22, 2019
Utah
well that doesnt sound awesome, but it makes a lot more sense now. i have that manual printed off but with everything missing it was hard to figure out what was gong on as im not very well versed in tractor mechanics.

Attachments

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Sadly you're missing some serious key parts.
Hydraulic pump
Hydraulic pump gear drive
Hydraulic piping.
Looks like the PTO shifter has been cut off too. :eek:
Just to name a few issues.

Still trying to figure out why someone messed with the oil filler cap, PVC pipe fitting is really odd!

Those parts are not going to be cheap or easy to get in their entirety, there are a lot of little parts that you will need.

Last edited:

Darren954

Equipment
L175
Feb 22, 2019
Utah
Yeah that's what i was afraid of. It was supposedly used in an old coal mine some where around salt lake. Im guessing their mechanic was sloppy and lost it along with the trans filler cap and just improvised. I will be searching for those on ebay in the future. I guess i might need to save up and possibly sell this one in the future and buy one in better shape. Thanks for all the observations.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Send a PM message to "007Kubotaguy". He's a member here, located in Calif, and has parts for this vintage of machine. Maybe he can help you out.

Darren954

Equipment
L175
Feb 22, 2019
Utah
Thanks, i sent him a message so hopefully he can point me in the right direction with this debacle.